Help with audio/mic problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnus28

Ok, I have an Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS.

Recently I did a full upgrade including ram,cpu,mobo, and video card.

currently running Windows Xp pro SP3
Athlon 64 X2 6400
4 Gigs of OCZ 6400 Platium revision 2
E-VGA 9800 GT 1 Gig
mobo is a biostar T-series.

Problem is after I upgraded, the mother board came with a Realtec High Defination audio 7.1 for onboard sound. I immediately noticed problems with my sound so I disabled realtec, and uninstalled the driver.

I re-installed from Cd my SB Audigy 2 ZS driver, no dice.
I went to the creative site and dl'ed the updated audigy 2 series drivers.
Ok, my sound works fine, music, fine,

only problem is in games - my voice sounds like a broken robot.

I went to sounds and audio properties, checked out voice recording and voice playback, ensured it was set to use audigy 2, made sure wave,master,mic, volume was turned up, turned on microphone boost ( which doesn't stay checked next time you go into properties).

I ran the wizard for configuring microphone - my voice is still distorted and broken.
I played with my microphone gain ( in game).

got an error stating that there is a problem with my hardware/audio mixer.
at one point it would not let me click on advanced properties under record volume.

main point is all my sounds are great except picking up my voice.

Oh and I thought it was my microphone, but I went out and bought a good quality mic, and when I set it up - same problem, so it DEFINATELY is not my mic.

I think that there is a conflict between realtek and sound blaster drivers ( even after un-install of realtek complete).

or maybe my SB audigy 2 card is pooched - in which case I wonder becasue my sound is still good.

please help with this annoying problem!

I had the same problem wiith my Creative Xfi Gamer. Remove the Creative sound card and go back to using your Realtec High Definition audio 7.1 on-board sound, but go to the motherboards support website and download and install the latest sound driver for your OS from there... I think your overall sound will work fine after doing this. My sound is great now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back