Help with bsod stop code 0X000000ED

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuamays

im running win xp. im stuck in a boot loop. after selecting option to either boot in safe, boot last known good config, start normal i can then proceed to the windows loading screen. after the load i get bsod and the bsod is only visible for a fraction of a second. after the bsod the computer reboots and starts the loop over and over.

i can access the bios.

the f(2) and f(6) function keys result in a cursor blinking near the top left of the screen and nothing else can be done. so i am unable to format my hdd and reinstall win xp.

this is the third time that ive been caught in a boot loop like this.

prior to the boot loop. i have ran memtest and chkdsk. everything came back fine.

ive checked all hardware and wiring. everything is properly installed.

i was able to record the bsod with a slow motion digital camera as there was no other legitimate way to read the stop codeas came and went within the blink of an eye. the stop code reads as...

0XOOOOOOED (0XBAE35E30.0XC00w

honestly the second part was hard to read. possibillity the B=8 and 3=J. w is most likely wrong. maybe it was a v).

lol any help with this is much appreciated or any other format alternative. have no important data on my hdd. counting down the time till i hold my hdd up to a really big magnet.

any other possible hardware malfunction info would be excellent. thx

but yeah seriously. at this point format is looking lovely. but how am i supposed to go about it? normally i just hit f6 and follow the options as needed. but when hitting f6 my cursor just blinks on the left of screen and nothing more can happen. ive let my pc sit idle forever in hopes of maybe i would eventually be able to format and reinstall. twas' all to no avail.

Without proper error definition/detail I would be a devil to figure out what to do frankly. Right now all i can suggest is; perhaps you can try to download Windows Recovery Console, install & boot in it, and run sfc /scannow, and hope it will fix any damaged files.

However, as you do not have any important data, simply delete all partitions, then recreate new according to your needs through windows cd setup program, and re-install windows.

Now to your second post, do you mean you can no longer access your bios?

And how well versed you are with PCs? If you feel comfortable enough, open your computer's casing pull out the battery and let it sit for hour or so to reset settings to default. Then see whether it worked.

k ill try the Windows Recovery Console.

Im unable to delete my partitions. when hitting f6 to do so, im left with a black screen with a cursor flashing on the top left.

i can access my bios. its the use of my f1-f8 keys that arent functioning properly. i can hit delete and get to bios during boot and f12 will still bring up the boot priority menu, but all other "f, function" keys will leave me at a black screen with a cursor flashing on the top left.

this is the third custom pc that ive built. id say i have a fair amount of hardware/component knowledge. u mean the lil 3-cell battery onboard. ive never messed with one before. anything special that needs to be done? or is it just easy pop in n out?

thx for input Arc. you've saved me more times than anyone.

k so my pc is recognizing any software. i try to boot from disk and i get a flashing cursor on the top left of a black screen and thats all that happens. i actually went out and bought another hdd. pc is running like a champ now. gonna try to use the old hdd as a slave and see what kind of progress i can make with it. any suggestions?

Well; stranger things happens, as you've bought new hdd i guess you got yourself a reason degree of safety with regard to data backup :) Thanks for the update though.

Goodluck for future. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back