Help with keyboard issues relating to screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am currently on the keyboard in question. It is my roommates, I have been using it for school.Now he had no virus protection and i recently clean up the place and installed a free one ( i dont know if a virus could have something to do with my keyboard, highly unlikely but i thought id share). The keybaord has been fine all semester, now like 6 months after i have been using it the W,E,R, left arrow, down arror, up arrow, and back space have issues working. There are some other keys that prob. dont work well either, but i am not sure. So i searched forums and googled before this post and i update drivers and removed my battery for a while and did other suggestions but they keys still have issues. As you can see they are working currently, but heres the problem: when you turn on the computer you are always promted for a password (their is no guest option) and his password cosists of some of those keys that often do not work. SO to turn the computer on I have to press the key a billion times, try at different times and sometimes it would work. How ever my last suggestion was to take the battery out for a while and then replace it and it should "work like magic". Well, it didnt but by poking around i have discovered if i keep the screen at a perfect 90 degree angle all my keys will work. Do i have a cord loose? how do i fix it? should i leave the battery out longer? should i take it to office depot and see what they think ( they usually suck though)? please any advise would be hella apprciated.

THanks
:D

If it was mine, I'd just buy a new keyboard. But if you want, you can try to test it out on another PC.

What kind of keyboard is this?

Laptop

It is a Hp Pavilian Special Edition Laptop, so the one that is attached. It hasn't messed up today, but it's just doing random weird things like a mentioned before and I can't figure out what is causing it to stop it.:wave:

Oh, it's a laptop. You probably should have posted your question in the Mobile Computing forum.

You probably should PM (private message) an Administrator or possibly a Moderator to move your thread so it will have a better chance of being seen by someone who can help you.

Look near the bottom of the index page that shows all the different forums and find "View Forum Leaders". Click on it and scroll down to the Super Moderators. To the right, next to each of their names is a SendPM button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back