Help with sound after reformatting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done a clean reformat of windows xp home addition
deleted partition c and did a fresh install everything is working well except now i have no sound at all
it keeps coming up with th error message saying
error message C00D11BA
nothing ive tried to do works. ive also no speaker on the taskbar at all
If anyone can help id appreciate this ty

Please confirm all your drivers are updated by going here and selecting your product: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic117607.html

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer like Dell; HP; Acer etc, please manually write this in the mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 - as an example)

Please click on Yes in your Profile To this question:
Would you like to show other members your computer specs? Default is (NO) This will be displayed in your posts via a drop down menu for other members to view. Add your system specs in your usercp Edit options.

No sound after reformat

the computer is a pakard bell intel celeron r. I xteme 6052
I went into device manager
and its showing faults on other devices. multimedia controller.and states the following

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

I do not have any cd to put into cd rom like it asks for never have had all i got is xp disc,
but it worked fine before reformat.
thanks

The reformat erased everything on the hard drive including all drivers like the sound driver. After reinstalling Windows XP you have to reinstall all the drivers yourself. If you don't have a driver CD (that might have come with the PC), then you have to go to the PC manufacturer's website to get them. If you have a separate graphics card and/or sound card, you can go directly to the component manufacturer's website to download those drivers.

Thankyou got onto manufacturers site and actually got all the drivers so have installed them all for the computer
much appreciated
and now have sound yeyyyyyy
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back