Help with sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that my sound card is broken because I tried this program that told me that my speakers were not connected when they clearly were. But I have a red av input that I connected to speakers. sound does play but it is distorted. is there a way i can clear up the static? as in a program or something?

no. you may have a configuration improperly set. go into the control panel and make sure that 1. you dont have any flags in device manager and 2. that your card is set as the default playback device. also check that you speakers are working (i know it sounds crazy) plug in a set of headphones to your audio output to make sure

In addition to above, you might try uninstalling then reinstalling the sound software (Look first in Control Panel (for XP) Add/Remove Programs or (vista and win 7) Programs and Features . And look for any sound application entry and uninstall from there first (e.g. check for anything from Soundmax or Realtek or whoever makes your sound card). Then look in Device Manager to uninstall from there if still needed. Then reinstall

I already reinstalled drivers. headphones don't work. there are no flags. It is set as the default playback device.

I downloaded some sort of diagnostic device for sound. In that program it said that the port I use for sound isn't registering a connection.

Which is why I think my sound card got fried. If my sound card is broken would the red av input still send out sound to a stereo but with a lot of static? Is it possible to some how cut down the static coming through my stereo?

the case is similar with my intel board., lots of static with some sound.

have you tried plugging it into the front headphone jack?

Yes I have both ports are not working at all. The AV red output still works though and I am trying to see if I can potentially reduce the static.

in my case, i just went into a cheap x-fi that goes for around 50 bucks retail. can be lot cheaper if you got a deal online.

anyway what's your mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back