Help with System Recovery Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Emachines T3516A two years ago for my kids to use as a gaming computer. Three weeks ago it took about two hours to boot up. I thought that it had picked up a virus since the kids do online gaming. I ran all the virus scans and decided to do a system recovery since the kids only have two games installed. I rebooted and pressed F11 just like the instructions say to. I also tried rebooting with the Operating system disc in the drive. The computer gives me the error that the disc is not an operating disc or there is a disc error. If I start it without the disc I get the PC Angel System recovery page. I have now had that page up for two weeks with no change. Help! Does anybody have any suggestions on what to try next.

Now What?

OK, went ahead and restarted computer to try the recovery of a corrupt config. The Comp will not let me just reboot. I am immediatly returned to the system recovery page that tells me to press F11. If I do not press F11 I get an MBR Error and the computer does nothing. Now what?

do you have the CD that came with the system? insert it, boot
watch for the BIOS prompt and hit that key.

then setup to boot from the CD

Disc error

When I try that or any other form of putting the disc in, I get an error message of "non system disc or disc error".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back