Solved Help with virus removal - logs loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

amjam9

Guys,

My comp is pretty messed up. I can only access in safe mode with networking. I have done the 8 steps and the 3 logs are uploaded. Please tell me the next steps.

I really need help fast as I'm laid off and could use the help ...you know job and all.

Attachments

• DDS.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 3
  • gmer.log
    3.1 KB · Views: 3
  • attach.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 1
Malware log

Ooops! Thanks for the reminder!

I have included the Malware logs.

Much appreciated!

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-05-18 (15-44-01).txt
    39.7 KB · Views: 2
  • mbam-log-2010-05-18 (18-50-56).txt
    2 KB · Views: 1
  • mbam-log-2010-05-18 (19-27-46).txt
    2 KB · Views: 1
  • mbam-log-2010-05-18 (21-29-36).txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 1
Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  1. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  2. Close any open browsers.
  3. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
    NOTE1. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    NOTE 2. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always do so.
    • Close any open browsers.
    • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
    • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  4. Please open Notepad
    • Click Start , then Run
    • Type notepad .exe in the Run Box.
  5. Now copy/paste the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:

Code:
    TDL::
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys
  6. Save the above as CFScript.txt
  7. Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below. This will start ComboFix again.

CFScript.gif

8. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following logs into your next reply:
    • Combofix.txt

**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Make sure, you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix.

DO NOT make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs, using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!

Attempted to run ComboFix....

I tried to run ComboFix, but it is asking me to install windows XP Recovery Console.

I am unable to connect to the internet with my infected computer.

I have been using my laptop to download all the other tools which I would then transfer over to my infected computer.

Is it possible for me to download windows XP recovery console to my work laptop and then transfer it over to my infected computer?

Any suggestions, please?

ComboFix Log

Please review the ComboFix Log.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Combofix.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 1
I can see, you ran Combofix twice.
I need to see ComboFix2.txt file, located in C:\ directory.

Please, delete your GMER file, download fresh one, run it and post new log.
Have you tried to boot to normal mode recently?

GMER scan log

I have attached the latest GMER scan log.

When the GMER program finished the scan, a message came up and said "GMER hasn't found any system modification"

Since I ran ComboFox, there are no more signs of the virus on my computer. However, I am still unable to connect to the internet for some reason.

When the GMER program finished the scan, a message came up and said "GMER hasn't found any system modification"
This is good :)

Uninstall Combofix:
Go Start > Run [Vista users, go Start>"Start search"]
Type in:
Combofix /Uninstall
Note the space between the "Combofix" and the "/Uninstall"
Click OK (Vista users - press Enter).
Restart computer.

I am still unable to connect to the internet for some reason
In any mode? Normal and Safe Mode with Networking?
What exactly do you mean by "unable to connect"?
Browser doesn't display any page? If so, what browser?
Did you check "ping" command? If you don't know, what "ping" is, let me know.

No Internet Connection

Immediately after ComboFox, I believe I was able to connect to the internet only 1 time...SInce then, I haven't been able to (I tried regular windows mode and safe mode with networking), and nothing seems to happen.

I tried to type in "IPCONFIG" under the run command, but the black screen appears very quickly and then goes away.

I also tried turning off and on my ethernet box, but still no connection. "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage..." The standard message.

I am using Internet Explorer version 7.0.5730.13

If my viruses are definitely removed, I can just go through my internet provider....but please let me know if you have any ideas.

Yeah, don't worry, we'll get there.
We'll try to get your connection back, first and then, we'll have to double check, if your computer is totally clean.

Now...

Try both modes. Start with normal mode...

1. Click Start>Run (Start>"Start search" in Vista).

2. Type in (or copy and paste):

cmd /c ping google.com>%temp%\$.$&notepad %temp%\$.$

and press Enter.

3. Notepad will open.

4. Copy all text in Notepad ([Ctrl-A], then [Ctrl-C]), and then post it (paste = [Ctrl-V]) in your next reply.

Google Website

I tried in both Windows regular mode and safe (with networking) mode and came up with the same error:

Ping request could not find host google.com. Please check the name and try again.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do. Thanks!

OK, so you really don't have any connection.

Let's try some basic steps...

Make sure, your computer is set to obtain IP address automatically.
1. Go Start>Settings>Control Panel (Vista/7 users: Start>Control Panel)
2. Double click Network Connections (Vista/7 users: Network and Sharing Center)
3. Vista/7 users - From the list of tasks on the left, click Manage network connections.
4. For a wired network connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and then select Properties.
For a wireless network connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and then select Properties.
5. From the General tab (Vista/7 users: Networking tab), click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), make sure it is checked, and then click Properties
6. Click Obtain an IP Address Automatically, and then click OK.

If that doesn't work...
Turn off computer. Disconnect router, and modem from power source for 1 minute. At the same time disconnect ethernet cable as well.
Reconnect everything.
Restart computer.

If that doesn't work, bypass router, and connect computer straight to the modem.

If that doesn't work...
Go Start>Run (Start search in Vista), type in:
cmd
Click OK (in Vista, while holding CTRL, and SHIFT, press Enter).

In Command Prompt window, type in following commands, and hit Enter after each one:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

Restart computer.

If that doesn't work...
Go Start>Run (Start search in Vista), type in:
cmd
Click OK (in Vista, while holding CTRL, and SHIFT, press Enter).

At Command Prompt, type in:
netsh int ip reset reset.log
Hit Enter.
Type in:
netsh winsock reset catalog
Hit Enter.

Restart computer.

If that doesn't work...
Download, install, and run WinSockFix: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.shtml (doesn't work in Vista)
Restart computer, and check again.

If that doesn't work...
Download Dial-A-Fix (DAF) (doesn't work in Vista):
http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix#Mirrors.2Fdownload_locations.2C_and_articles

Have XP CD available in case DAF needs a file. Likely not!

Check all boxes on the screen (clear any restrictions if it shows any)
Then click GO!

When the entire page is finished click the HammerHead at bottom to go to the second DAF page.

Here, one at a time, do the below:

Reinstall BITS
Reinstall Windows Firewall
Repair Permissions
Reset networking

Watch for any File not found or other errors and make note as this may lead to the fix!

Restart computer.

Internet Connection

I was able to connect to the internet by only using a direct connection from my PC to the Comcast cable box. After doing this I repeated the first step of shutting off my Comcast cable box and my wireless router and reconnecting the cables. It still did not work. My wireless laptop has always continued to work which is what I've been using to communicate with you.

The only way my PC has been able to connect is with a direct connection with the Comcast Cable box.

Can you please recommend next steps?

On a separate note, I have been trying to install the Windows Update "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1" for the last few months and it has never successfully installed. What is this for? How do I install it?

I really appreciate all of your help.

Try also something else.
Disable your laptop wireless, hard wire it to the same router port, your desktop is connected now and see, if your laptop will connect.
Maybe, there is something wrong with the router.

Hardwired to Labtop

I disabled my laptop wireless and have connected my laptop the same way my PC is connected, and everything is fine---I can get an internet connection.

So, this means that nothing is wrong with the router?

Going through all of your steps

I only did the first two steps---once I realized that my PC can connect to the Internet using the direct connection to the Comcast box, I emailed you.

Please let me know if I should still do the rest of the steps at this point or if there is a particular step I should focus on.

Thank you for all your help.

I'm not really sure, where to go from here regarding your connection issue, so it may be a good idea to connect your desktop straight to Comcast modem and finish cleaning steps.

1. Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

2. Go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

1. Disable your active antivirus program.
2. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
3. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
4. When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
5. Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:

• Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
    [*] Archives
    [*] Mail databases
6. Click on My Computer under Scan.
7. Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
8. You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
9. Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button. Then post it here.

Kapersky Web Scan

Kapersky Web Scan requires "a Jave Framework version 1.5 or older" in order to run online scan.

Where can I get this?

Instead of Kaspersky....

Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner

• Disable your antivirus program
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Click Start
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Scan archives
  • Click Start
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push List of found threats
  • Push Export to text file , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back