Help with water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

basejj

hi im looking into getting watercooling for my Antec 1200 case but im kinda new to it so im wondering what would be better to buy a kit or buy the parts seperatly and what kit/parts i should get my limit for this would be $300 any help would be great thanks :)

what are you looking to cool? just the cpu or cpu + vids + more bells n whissles?

The H50 is an awesome little cooler. It keeps my Phenom II @ ~28c idle and 36c load. You will need to replace the mounting braket for you mobo so be ready for a tear down. Very quite and reliable. Been using it for about 6 months now.

yeah been doin some looking around and asking on other forums and i decided to get a Thermaltake Prowater 880i

Why do you want watercooling ? Planning on running a sizeable 24/7 overclock ?
If so, then I wouldn't look too hard at the Corsair unit. Like the Asetek LCLC it's basically going to give top-end air cooler performance. As a first foray into water cooling I'd probably look at a complete kit, and preferably something that was upgradeable -just in case you want to include a VGA loop and/or incorporate the chipset waterblock you have on the board.
This Swiftech kit would fit the bill. Enough cooling for well over 4GHz CPU use and one of the best mainstream pumps in existance (a rebranded Laing D5). The kit also includes a rad box so the radiator can mount at the rear of the chassis if roof mounting is not to your taste.

***Edit***
Oops, not fast enough on the thread. Hope you'll be happy with the Tt kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back