Helper.dll virus, not sure if it's completely gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am usng windows xp, i have Avast protection and its detected several virus which it cant repair. today i read an email and boxes kept popping up randomly, so many i couldnt stop it. i followed the 8 steps opn here to repair this issue yet the infected files remain in the virus chest. just wondering what more i should do? just tried to attach the 3 logs and its saying invalin file...what am i doing wrong?

You have SPYWARE!!

You have SPYWARE!!

I run an in-home computer servicing business and 80% of time I spend cleaning this junk out of people's computers.

The first step is to run the following 3 anti-spyware utilities (click on the name to get the TS download page):

If you still experience problems after running them, repost and we'll take it from there.

Best,
-- Andy

i followed the 8 steps opn here to repair this issue yet the infected files remain in the virus chest. just wondering what more i should do? just tried to attach the 3 logs and its saying invalin file.

Andy, Perhaps you didn't read what I left. The person posting HAS run the programs but had a problem attaching the logs. The 8 step cleaning process we do has been followed.

IF you had clicked on the link I left, you would have seen the directions for attaching the logs.

Bobbye,

This is an open forum. That means anyone can post whatever suggestions they have. Just stay on topic and write something meaningful. This does not mean that I cannot make my own suggestions, even if they differ from yours. The person complained that after following the steps in the guide, he still has problems. That's why I posted my favourite utilities to solve the problem. That's all. I don't see the need for you to get annoyed over it.

I used to be a high tech engineer. One of the first points they pound into our heads in engineering school is that there is more than one way to design something or more than one way to solve a problem. Each has its upsides and downsides. But there is often no one perfect way to do something.

Keep that in mind.

Best,
-- Andy

Andy, the point I made was that the programs have been run, but we have not seen the logs. Quite a few people forget to check for the removal of malware in running Malwarebytes. We see that when we see the log. Then it's a simple matter of running the program again with removal checked.

With all due respect to your other life as a 'high tech engineer': you are most certainly much smarter that I am when it comes to high tech engineering. But many hi tech people don't deal with what we see 'on the street'. Yes, it's an open forum- just don't confuse the person asking the question, because that's who it's all about- not us!

Bobbye,

I'm not here to start a flame war with you. But I cannot help but be confused as to why you're annoyed with what I posted to compfem1. You quoated her post and pointed out that she was having trouble attaching the logs. Well, just bfore that, and in the same quote you listed, she asked what else she can do. That's why I replied with the list of anti-spyware utilities I recommend. You got annoyed by that. As I see it, you didn't read her post correctly, not me. So my suggestion is not what you would do, that doens't mean I can't make it.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back