Here are some of the best Super Bowl commercials you'll see this weekend

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Paying more than $5 million for a 30-second ad spot may sound insane but during the Super Bowl, most advertisers consider it money well spent. Last year, more than 111 million viewers tuned in to watch the annual NFL championship game. Although interest in pro ball has waned a bit this season due to various political reasons, don’t expect that to have much of an impact on ratings come Sunday.

Super Bowl commercials are a showcase of creative talent and this year’s batch of ads look to be no different. We’ve compiled some of the best Super Bowl LII ads from a variety of brands you’re no doubt already familiar with. All that’s left at this point is to pick your favorite.

Bud Light, “The Bud Knight”

Jack in the Box, “Jack vs Martha”

Groupon, “Who Wouldn’t”

Doritos & Mountain Dew, “Doritos Blaze vs. Mtn Dew Ice”

M&M’s, “Human”

Coca-Cola, “The Wonder of Us”

Squarespace, “Make it Happen with Keanu Reeves”

Sprint, “Evelyn”

Budweiser, “Stand By You”

Pepsi, “This is the Pepsi”

Amazon, "Alexa Loses Her Voice"

Kia, “Feel Something Again”

Permalink to story.

Although interest in pro ball has waned a bit this season due to various political reasons

No, Shawn, it has waned because the Patriots are cheaters and no one cares about a game we already know has been bought. Patriots are going to win, the reffs are going to make sure of that

Trying to use the superbowl hype on techspot is so desperate...anyway techspot already taught us that clicking on Shawns articles is usually a mistake as they have usually nothing to do with tech.

Thanks!!

Now I dont have to tune in for the game at all!

The commercials are the only thing worth watching these days anyway...and even they are over-hyped. :(

Who wants to watch a bunch of overpaid ungreatful guys take a knee...someone should give them a sweetroll!

The only one that I thought wasn't politically correct, wasn't "tech-no" was the Pepsi one.
The rest of them were all crap!
Thanks...I skipped the STUPID Bowl

In the UK we have this same eager anticipation for adverts at Christmas time. "Have you seen this year's John Lewis advert?!" is a fairly regular question around the end of November.

It's so depressing that adverts have become such cultural markers that many people seem to put them on the same level as films or books. Being sold to, no matter how creatively, should not be art.

The only thing this proves is that Baby-boomers have a great sense of humor, Millenials don’t. Commercials of yesterday-year were great, commercials over the last decade have been absolute crap. I used to tune-in for the ads. Now I use the commercials for their intended purpose...to empty my colon.

Back