High-definition audio driver

Psdfreak

i have installed 2 OS on my computer except on win7 Sound runs great but on windows xp sp2 (upgraded to sp3) when it was sp2 it didnt show i had a sound card device but now after updating to sp3 it shows it and i tried every driver i found on the net but nothing showed up, i want to play DarkAthena because it runs great on my xp and on 7 it doesnt even start , only takes me to the Windows Games file and it doesnt show there -.-

Running 2 OS's on one computer always make's things much more complicated. Windows 7 requires a better sound card and a 3D DX10 or better video card. What is the model of your video card? The sound works in Windows 7 but not XP SP3?

Running 2 OS's on one computer always make's things much more complicated. Windows 7 requires a better sound card and a 3D DX10 or better video card. What is the model of your video card? The sound works in Windows 7 but not XP SP3?

Yep it works fine on win7, and when i go to the device manger it doesnt show me what is the sound card is (its on the motherboard) it only says High defenition audio but on xp i cant seem to find drivers for it ...
my video card is 8400gs

1) Tell us the make and exact model of your computer

2) Windows 7 includes generic audio drivers from Microsoft. When you say
it doesnt show me what is the sound card is (its on the motherboard) it only says High definition audio
that device name tells me you're very most likely running Windows 7 with Windows generic audio drivers

3) This should provide some hardware specific info about your sound card. Run it when you're in Windows 7.

Once we find the hardware specific drivers you can hopefully update under XP. You can then also decide if you want the hardware specfic driver for Win 7 or continue with the generics for W7 you're probably using now

/* EDIT */
Ooops. Forgot these directions to generate DxDiag
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

This is it,

I will try to download that hd later when I get a chance to restart (windows downloding updates)

Edit: I just found out sadly crysis 1 isnt runing its sound right, its all chopy and mostly static
The game runs smoothly

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    36.6 KB · Views: 3
1. Confirmed! You're running with Windows 7 generic audio drivers
2. You have a Dell machine. Have you gone to Dell's web site to look for the drivers for your specific model and OS (both XP and Windows 7)

as i'm also guessing from what i see in dxidiag your soundcard doesn't use realtek drivers. maybe Sigmatel drivers. But you should start on Dell;s support site to first see what they provide for you

You should be starting at the Dell site HERE
> Click Downloads and Drivers
> And you'll be best to enter your Service Tag so Dell takes you to the right driver page for your exact model

but p.s. when i manually went to the Dell driver downloads for model Dimension 3100. i looked under Audio for XP, and guess what: They have a sigmatel driver listed there :)

But use the service tag approach to assure you go to the right download page

Back