High performance computer for using quad screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartera

I thought i would post my idea of a new build i am planning to do and see if anyone has any ideas or if there is a cheaper way of achieving what i want!

I would like a computer which will run 4 screens side by side and will be powerful enough to run multiple applications. Ideally i want to spend around £1000 on the tower itself. Screens/ peripherals are not necessary. i have done some specs myself, this is what i came up with. There is no need for a huge HDD since i have a external hard drive and all files will be stored on there, i personally feel an SSD will be the way forward for just the OS which will hopefully provide a welcome speed boost!

Intel Core i7 860 2.8GHz Socket LGA 1156 8MB L3 Cache - £222.96

ASUS P7P55D Evo iP55 Socket LGA 1156 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard - £125.15

2x Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10666 XMS3 DHX Memory Kit - £104.99 ea

Antec EarthWatts 650W PSU - 80Plus Certified 12cm Fan 3x 12V Rails - £66.49

Coolermaster Elite 335 Case - £28.40

Intel X18-M 80GB 1.8" Solid State Hard Drive (SSD) SATAII - £174.99

2x MSI 9800GT 512MB GDDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E - £74.99 ea

The whole set up would be running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, i know i have slightly overdone the PSU but there will be quite a few things pulling power from the USB ports etc. and i would rather play it safe.
The computers usage will not be used for gaming but it will be used for multiple programs running and lots and lots of real time updating internet pages such as bloomberg etc.
This spec i have pulled from ebuyer for around £1100.
Any chopping and swapping ideas welcome this is the foundation stage development so fire away!
Many thanks to everyone in advance i look forward to your comments!
Regards,
AC

Any reason that you're buying 2 9800GTs? The Radeon HD 5830 would be around £170 and might be a better buy.

Also you may consider THIS mobo.

Yeah the reason why i have 2 9800gt is because i would like to run 4 screens! As far as i am aware there is no way of doing it without the 2 GPUs? If there is a way i could do it with one GPU i could cut down the cost fairly dramatically!

The HD 5830 can drive 3 monitors independently AFAIK. Read up on ATI Eyefinity technology a little to find out more. The HD 5870 Eyefinity Edition can run 6 monitors but is very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back