High Traffic Router?, Non-Overheat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tristan9669

I have a Linksys BEFSR41v2 router but when there is high traffic, it of heats and keeps losing connection. I even took the whole router out of the shell so it can stay cooler, but still same problem. Does anyone know any router that can handle high traffic, good for constant downloading, uploading, ftp, torrenting(legal stuff of course, LINUX) and high traffic with 3 PCs

You could always do a bit of DIY and mount a piezo-ceramic cooler on it, or replace the top of the router with a piece of plywood that has an extractor fan on it, like from an old PSU.

I used to have that router, If your using torrents it will always discconect, there is nothing you can do about it. I had to buy a new router that could handle torrents.

kcxiv said:
I used to have that router, If your using torrents it will always discconect, there is nothing you can do about it. I had to buy a new router that could handle torrents.
what router

The one i use now is a Zyxel p334w. A friend recommended it to me. I put it through alot of tests downloading tons of torrents the first few days i got it not once has it disconnected. Very strong and stable router. Can get em for about 50 bux on newegg.

You could try disabling some features on the router to ease the load on the CPU. Turn off DHCP, packet filtering, MAC address filtering, uPNP, anything that isn't crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back