Hijack this log

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansay

Immediately after I log in I get this message

"Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\kqumrifj.dll

The specified module could not be found."

and everything on the screen freezes except the mouse.

I did a spywaredoctor scan during safe mode and removed some medium level trojans but the computer's still acting up.

I don't want to format because I have important files on my computer but can someone help me find an alternative. Someone on another forum told me the dll that apparently "could not be found" wasn't real so he recommended I come here so someone can help me check the system clean of viruses.

yea that just means the registry entry telling that file to load when you boot your computer is still there, though the file has been removed. When the file isn't found where the registry says it produces the error - to fix that you just need to remove the startup entry from the registry.

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back