How can I find out if flash or Java is installed and problem with keyboard languages

moon982

How can I find out if Java or flash is installed?

Note windows 10

Also how safe is Java and flash? Some people say not to use Java or flash and uninstall it because of malware entry point.

Also why is more than one keyboard option showing up in system tray?

If I click on Language preferences

Scroll down to preferred languages

Where it say add language below that

click on the language there is two option.

One say options and other remove

The problem is I can remove some keyboard languages but some the remove option is grayed out like it does not want me to remove it.

Not sure why it will not allowing me to remove it but other keyboard languages I can remove.

Is Java installed?
open the system control panel & look for Java. If you find it, then you have it installed.
Flash - is it safe?
depends upon who you ask. Some site developers still use it and hype it as the only way to fly. However, it is more offensive than Java by a long shot. Flash has been an infection vector because it will run without accessing a website. Today, all flash features are available in HTML5 and large portions of prior flash have been adapted it it.​

Commercial systems still use Java and use it safely. Mom & Pop websites using it should be looked upon with suspicion.

Is Java installed?
open the system control panel & look for Java. If you find it, then you have it installed.
Flash - is it safe?
depends upon who you ask. Some site developers still use it and hype it as the only way to fly. However, it is more offensive than Java by a long shot. Flash has been an infection vector because it will run without accessing a website. Today, all flash features are available in HTML5 and large portions of prior flash have been adapted it it.​

Commercial systems still use Java and use it safely. Mom & Pop websites using it should be looked upon with suspicion.

I keep getting pop ups saying Java updates available

A new version of Java is ready to be installed
click here to continue

Do you USE Java? If so, then perform the update.
If not, then why not just uninstall it?

Back