How do I delete Ubuntu and install XP on a laptop with no disk drive?

I have a Windows XP CD but no external disk drive. Is there a way to use the serial number on my CD to download Windows? Do I have to do this before I remove Ubuntu? My computer is a tiny web-book so it doesn't have much memory and I'm worried it won't have enough space for both programs. Help!

So your issue is having no DVD drive?

As far as I am aware you cannot download any legal copies of any version of Windows, without paying for it first; even then you still need to burn it to a CD/DVD in order to actually use it.

Its possible you could use a memory stick, with the OS on that to install a version of Windows as needed. It depends on whether your netbook can handle Windows though,

What make and model is your netbook?

Thanks for your help!

The net book is an Acer Aspire One and it is Windows compatible. Does Windows need to be installed before I remove Ubuntu? Will both OS be too much for my little netbook to handle?

Brother.

I meant that windows could be installed without having a cd/dvd drive, or even a usb port.

Where you get the software is up to you.

You haven't mentioned the system specs. There are several models of Acer Aspire One.

Depending on the specs, you may be able create a dual boot of Linux & Windows.

Do a google, and you will come up with several methods to install windows.

As per above, but it depends on your hard disk capacity.

Windows and Linux can be installed via USB with great effect.

Back