How do I enable USB ports without mouse or keyboard

Hi all, I have a bit of a problem my usb ports are disabled and that means my mouse and keyboard don't work so how do I enable the usb ports without a mouse and keyboard? please help...

When you say they're "disabled" do you mean Device Manager shows their status as Disabled? Or do you mean they just don't work (i.e. no USB devices get recognized/ no USB devices will work).

If they just aren't working, try this trick. It's a long shot but sometime it really does work! (e.g. see HERE)

Unplug computer power cord from the wall. If a laptop, remove the battery also. Disconnect all devices from all ports. Let the computer sit for an hour or two. Then plug everything back in and try again

G;luck!

If this is a desktop, I suggest borrowing a PS/2 mouse and keyboard (if you don't already have one) and then you can use them to re-enable your USB ports.

yeah it's a desktop and no it don't have ps/2 ports. I bought a usb pci card and it works perfect. Lol when I asked about how to fix my pc at pc world they wanted £250 to fix it lol... I only paid £11 for the usb card works like a charm ;)

Back