How do I increase the range of my Wi-Fi device?

Hi guys

I am looking to increase the range of my Wi-Fi router. But before going for a booster or for a more advanced router I want to try to increase the range of my current router. (I am trying to use my router connection from my parent’s house which is right next to my house.)

Hi guys

I am looking to increase the range of my Wi-Fi router. But before going for a booster or for a more advanced router I want to try to increase the range of my current router. (I am trying to use my router connection from my parent’s house which is right next to my house.)
A signal booster might help but since routers are limited by the FCC to a mere 1 watt of output power the only option would be another router to use as a repeater, a real cheap one would do. By the way, what is your router type N, AC, AX or what? They have different ranges but its still only less than about 150 feet indoors and maybe twice that outdoors but since your parents house is right next door that might be enough and it then depends on what band you use 2.4 or 5 Ghz.

Last edited:
Need to use AP or WAP, POE (power over ethernet works the best. There is a free app on Google Play Store been around for years. WiFi analyzer You walk around your dwelling and search out your router WiFi Signal and see where and how far the range is. Where it's weak you place WAP POE there. I have two WAP here I do not use WiFi Router here. Mine is Wired Business Class + Wired Business Class Switch + 2x Business Class POE WAP (for WiFi) was thinking about added 3rd WAP to keep the Wireless more boosted.

Back