How do I install an iso in Yumi - into a another computer?

Debby

Hi! How do I install an iso in Yumi, into another computer? I put an iso into my flash drive. But as such, is it ready to be used as installation media? Or do I have to do something else first? Thanks!

YUMI makes your flash drive bootable. In my case, I run the ISOs from the flash drive. What ISO are you trying to install on the computer (and potentially wiping out what is already on the computer)? Rufus is another method to make a bootable flash drive, but whereas YUMI can put many ISOs on the flash drive, Rufus only puts one.

Hi! Thanks for explaining these things! So is it ok to just drag an iso into Yumi? Or are there additional processes that need to be made in order to make it capable of installing the OS to the desired computer? I haven't used Rufus before, but it's good to know what you said about it. I'd like to know how to make installation media on both flash drives and on DVDs - especially, as I'm often short on my supply of empty flash drives.
I wanted to put windows 10 and Kabuntu on it. But will want to put varieties of OS on other laptop computers I have - usually will plan to put a Linux distribution on along with a Windows OS.

Last edited:
Back