How I can attract people to my IT forum

Hi ,
Guys , please help me how I can promote my forum. Give any suggestions to improve its posts and views .

**Link removed by Leeky**

how I can promote my forum

Well your kind of answering your own question right here! Your coming in here and asking a valid question, I'll give you that. But all the while posting a direct link to your own technology based web site, sounds like some promoting going on to me!

Personally, I don't mind the link so much, can't speak for others, but for me, sometimes I feel everyone is entitled to a little promotional push.

Some viable ways to help promote your web site, would maybe be to purchase some advertising on search engines like Yahoo, Bing and Google! Purchase an advertising package that would best promote your site, and the package should have the option of showing your site inside searches. Now you don't have to use what I'm about ready to link you to. This is just an example, but you could submit your web site to these "so called" free submission sites like the following....

http://www.evrsoft.com/fastsubmit/

http://freewebsubmission.com/

Now I can't vouch on how well or how free these type of promotional sites are! I'm always a bit skeptical about how free these sites really are, I know there's always a catch! But if you choose something like one of those sites, you take the risk on finding out what the "catch" might be!

Also seeing this is the era of "social networking", if you've got something like a Facebook account, why not promote your site through Facebook. Possibly set your web sites link to reside inside of a created group.

Well I'm all out of ideas now, hope some of this at least helped!

Well your kind of answering your own question right here! Your coming in here and asking a valid question, I'll give you that. But all the while posting a direct link to your own technology based web site, sounds like some promoting going on to me!

Personally, I don't mind the link so much, can't speak for others, but for me, sometimes I feel everyone is entitled to a little promotional push.

Some viable ways to help promote your web site, would maybe be to purchase some advertising on search engines like Yahoo, Bing and Google! Purchase an advertising package that would best promote your site, and the package should have the option of showing your site inside searches. Now you don't have to use what I'm about ready to link you to. This is just an example, but you could submit your web site to these "so called" free submission sites like the following....

http://www.evrsoft.com/fastsubmit/

http://freewebsubmission.com/

Now I can't vouch on how well or how free these type of promotional sites are! I'm always a bit skeptical about how free these sites really are, I know there's always a catch! But if you choose something like one of those sites, you take the risk on finding out what the "catch" might be!

Also seeing this is the era of "social networking", if you've got something like a Facebook account, why not promote your site through Facebook. Possibly set your web sites link to reside inside of a created group.

Well I'm all out of ideas now, hope some of this at least helped!

THANK YOU.... Zen .But the problem with me more than just promoting my forum, is that I want some enthusiastic people to moderate and post on my forum. How can I find that ?.

It's okay to ask for information on the best steps forward, but please refrain from publishing your website name and address, and please stop creating multiple threads as it just makes it look like you're deliberately spamming our board to get traffic to your own site. Your previous two threads have been removed.

In order to find suitable staff you'll first need enthusiastic members visiting. Social networking tools like Twitter, Facebook and Google+ are three locations where you can build up a good web presence and "advertise" your services. For a site just starting out these are crucial to your success, unless you already have a strong backing.

I want some enthusiastic people to moderate and post on my forum.

Slow down there Son, take a deep breath and try to relax here a bit. Now I really can't help you in the area of making people gravitate to your forum based web site. You have to remember something here, your dealing with peoples universal right to power of choice! You just can't come into other peoples forums and spam them with your desperateness, all the while hoping to attract possible Administrators, Moderators and users. You need to slow down a little and give this process you choose to start some time!

I know it's not going to be much comfort to you as to hear what I'm about to say. But approx. 8-9 years ago, myself and three other people decided to construct a forum. We invested a whole lot of time in it, design, colors, theme, subject matter and so on. I think we spent something like three weeks on it before we felt it was safe to publish. It took months just to hit the 100 member mark. But with hard work, dedication and patience, the place turned out okay, it's one of the largest Star Wars video game related forums out there now!

I know your eager for this new place of yours to really take off, but you got to give it time. Other way to help promote your place is that of nothing more than good old fashioned "word to mouth" advertising. Start spreading the news around to your friends. Perhaps if your a member of other forums out there, perhaps asking permission of that sites Administrator(s) to advertise your place a little. But as you've learned here, my good friend Leeky had to do some clean up after you in regards to spamming! You don't want to do that sort of stuff, it only makes things worse, not better. So from here on out, best to get permission on forums before posting direct links to your web site, and also don't spam, just one post about your place should suffice.

Well that's about it from me, I don't know what more to say! Other than possibly "good luck to you"! :)

Bottom line is, if you can't make your site attract people on its own, your site will never grow. Going out and advertising a site that is not very attractive on its own, is a waste of time.

First thing you need to do is decide which direction you want your site to go in. Next you will want to continue adding material to the site. If you continue to add material that people are interested in, your site will eventually grow. One thing is certain though, no matter how you look at it, site growth will not happen over night.

One thing I have noticed about myself is I'm not a go getter I'm a contributor. I would never be able to start a site but I could help contribute.

Back