How Long Can You Keep Using an Android Phone?

learninmypc

Smartphones aren’t making significant strides every single year, which has led more people to keep their phone for two, three, or four years. Can the average Android phone last that long before running into problems, though?

How Long Can You Keep Using an iPhone?
RELATEDHow Long Can You Keep Using an iPhone?

That’s a complex question to answer, so we need to break it down into parts. First, the physical hardware in the phone has a fixed lifetime, with different access to repairs and warranty services. There’s also the software side to consider, including operating system updates, critical security patches, and app support. Since many different companies produce Android phones, the exact answers to those questions vary a lot. FULL ARTICLE

The first 5 years with a cell phone are its best years the next 5 years are its declining years. You will most certainly run into battery problems shortly. Lithium ION batteries lose the ability to keep a charge quite suddenly. It is not common to keep a cell phone for 10 years but my wife did with a Samsung Galaxy Note. I have replaced the battery and the screen once. She can't load any modern apps since her Android OS is too old., but she keeps the phone going anyways for calls and texts.

I still have my Samsung s10+ (march 2019 launched)

I guess we will see how next year pans out? I have noticed some minor slowdowns, usually after updating to a new Android os version...

This phone replaced a seven year old iPhone 6 which was DEFINITELY slowing down with newer os.

I have android phones from 2012 that work. The phone is not the issue; but the battery going bad certainly is. I've had my Note 8+ since 2017 and it runs much faster than my wife's new android phone. This will most likely be the last android phone I ever buy; I will go to a cheap dump phone; the cost of android phones isn't worth it to me anymore.

Last edited:
Well ! As long it lasts!
I mean until it is not a trouble and serves the purpose. I am using it from 2016 the same phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lifespan of an Android phone depends on several factors, such as the manufacturer, model, and usage patterns. Here are some factors to consider when determining how long you can keep using an Android phone: Manufacturer support, Hardware quality, Battery health, Usage patterns etc.

Back