How many DSs sold worldwide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirkon

Personally, I own a psp, and think its much better (for me) than a DS, but
my friend bought a DS and he's always talking about sales and whatnot...

he says the since the DS was released it had sold 100 million units...

i cant say I believe that figure, since im not too convinced that ~100 million people have enough spare money to afford the ds and games for it.

can anyone confirm the number (or offer the actually approximation of worldwide sales?)

thanks

Also in my searching there are a few articles saying the PSP is outselling the DS in Japan recently. By big margins, one month recently (may have been March, I forget) was something like 87,000 to 49,000.

Yes but the DS has been outselling the PSP for years over there. A few months lost won't change the overall picture.

SNGX1275 said:
Also in my searching there are a few articles saying the PSP is outselling the DS in Japan recently. By big margins, one month recently (may have been March, I forget) was something like 87,000 to 49,000.

If I tell him that he'll fill me in everyday with DS sales charts and details..
0_o

Didou said:
Yes but the DS has been outselling the PSP for years over there. A few months lost won't change the overall picture.
Hey man, I'm just trying to help a guy out against his buddies :) I have bought a DS and a DS Lite (mom got the DS). Just trying to give him some information that might be useful.

I have both, but i like ds wayyy better becasue i got a R4. I got movies, music and like 40 games on one cartridge. I know the psp has these features built in but i just like the gameplay of nintendo games. =P

Definitely DS is much better ways IMHO, practically no loading times, the touch screen is so cool, and actually pretty helpful to find better ways to play an amazing game.

However I don't want to put away the features of the PSP which is a great system too, demo download, use of skype, internet radio, built-in browser, etc. I own both and I prefer the DS but the bigger screen on the PSP makes some kind of games better on PSP, just my $0.02

rmdl51 said:
Definitely DS is much better ways IMHO, practically no loading times, the touch screen is so cool, and actually pretty helpful to find better ways to play an amazing game.

However I don't want to put away the features of the PSP which is a great system too, demo download, use of skype, internet radio, built-in browser, etc. I own both and I prefer the DS but the bigger screen on the PSP makes some kind of games better on PSP, just my $0.02

the ds is a good handheld console, but without using the hacking software its really a generation behind...

I mean this is what I don't like:
1) No MP3(music in general) capabilities.
2) No movie capabilities (even with the ds hack, the quality and framerate are bad)
3) touchscreen isnt as responsive compared to something like an iphone.
4) no picture capabilities
5) graphics are bad compared to the psp (Some people don't mind this)
6) small screen (in most games, you play on one screen and the other is information of some sort, so in reality you only look at one screen at a time, and its very small)
7) the psp (with CFW) can emulate GB, GBA, nes, Snes, N64, Mame + a bunch of others, while the ds cant (except GBA cartridges, no emulation though, as in you cant play a .gba file)
8) Browser requires you to buy additional hardware (is this 100 percent correct? I might have heard something new with the hack and the browser)

these are basically the things that made me choose a PSP, i mean for 50 bucks more you get all that... so the only thing I see going for the ds is - 2 screens, touchscreen, wifi and long battery life, and play older cartridges.

Well, yeah, but you are talking about hacked systems here, and the DS was never meant to be a media player I guess...

I'm not arguing, I'm just stating my point of view, which is for a video game portable console DS is much better, at least it is for me and for 65 million people :p

Battery life, Small card games, touch screen, wi fi with one card, games library, zero loading time, are some of the main reasons I prefer DS.

But have no doubt that I won't see graphics and great games on the DS like God of War or licenses like Grand theft auto, and definitely racing games on the DS suck and I've tried also Fifa08 for DS and PSP and I prefer the one for PSP.

For the DS you have to purchase the browser as a card, is not a built-in feature like the PSP, I think PSP is getting better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back