How many satellites orbiting earth? This many...

Archean

BhmxljmIgAAqwaI.jpg

So you're not going to tell us and we have to count them ourselves.......:confused: ?

That's not very sporting, now is it?

And you know how many times somebody would lose count in that mess.

And by the way; NASA has long lost track of about 50% of them! The active devices (eg: the payload of the launch) is easy to track as long as it is powered-up. But after that, it as well as the third stage booster that got the payload into orbit, become just space junk and very difficult to track.

"Fearful things in the heavens"

And by the way; NASA has long lost track of about 50% of them! The active devices (eg: the payload of the launch) is easy to track as long as it is powered-up.
Perhaps true but, with respect to space junk, "what goes up, must come down", is somewhat mitigated by, "and usually burns up in the process".

So, call me foolhardy, but I'm not going to start wearing a crash helmet 24/7, as a "bold political /slash/ fashion statement", at least not just yet.
"Fearful things in the heavens"
If you listen to the multitudes, "God" is the most fearful thing in the heavens. We were made in, "his own image", you know.

But alas, my stupid , heathen self, can't wrap the old noggin, around those concepts either....:D

Back