How to build a website

[FONT=arial black]hello friends,[/FONT]
[FONT=arial black]i have registered in [FONT=andale mono]*link removed*[/FONT] for one domain name how to build website on that it's asking details like dns server zone record and url forwarding ican't understand these [/FONT]

Let's take a couple of steps back, and establish a few things first.

Have you also ordered web hosting?

You need web hosting, or a server, or equivelent to host the domain name with. You now own the domain, having purchased it, but you need to add it to a webserver to begin using it.

You normally need to pay for any decent web hosting, though free alternatives I'm sure are available -- I wouldn't know where to look though, as I just tend to buy whole servers these days. lol.

You can get decent webhosting which is suitable for most low traffic website needs from places like JustHost (I used them years ago when I was starting out -- they have excellent customer service, and are very helpful.

Do a Google search for web hosting to find alternatives.

What sort of website are you looking to build? e.g. what is the purpose of the website?

Your intended usage dictates the solution you require, and these obviously range from simple to highly complex. If your after a personal website and don't want to mess with hand coding (or WYSIWYG editors), something like WordPress could be ideal and is easily installed as long as the hosting package has the required dependencies to run it.

P.S. Cpanel access and Fantastico or Softiclious is highly recommended with a hosting package, so make sure any deals include them.

Back