How to connect VGA port (from PC) to S-Video (from TV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

PC: DELL DIMENSION 2400
TV: MITSUBISHI Medallion HD 1080

PC just has only 1 VGA port (no S-Video port, DVI port, or another VGA port)
TV has S-Video together with Red, White, Yellow for input

I guess I can use VGA to S-Video Adapter, right?

From DELL DIMENSION 2400 motherboard specs (I searched it from Google, it mentions that the video card is Integrated Intel Extreme graphics. Does this card support TV out directly through VGA port function? Does that mean it will work fine if I buy the VGA to S-Video Adapter?

If this built-in card does not work, can you please tell me which video card (that can has either VGA port, S-Video port or both) that I should buy?
(I bought the video card EVGA e-GeForce 8400 GS but it does not fit with the white empty slot in my PC's motherboard).

Thank you for helping me.

Vietnam

For more information
--------------------------
PC has Windows XP Home edition
I don't have motherboard specs manual. I just know its specs by searching from Google.
Also, from Properties -> Settings, it does not have the options to set extended display.

If your TV is 1080p then it is fairly new and should have a VGA input?? Does it have component input? (Red,Green,Blue)??

ya 1080p tv should be new enough to have a vga input on it.. so u can just connect ur computer to it and use it as a secondary monitor.. i do that with my nearly 3 yr old 720p plasma. i have manged it using vga to vga, and s-video to s-video. if u can find a vga to s-video adaptor, it should work fine.

Besides the S-Video, Red, White, Yellow for input, I also saw Red, Green, Blue as component (not input). So I'm not sure if it should work if I use VGA to Red/Green/Blue adapter (instead of VGA to S-Video adapter).
Moreover, I really don't know if the built-in video card can support VGA to S-Video or VGA to Red/Green/Blue. Please advise.

Thank you so much

since u have a VGA-out port it should support it. all that matters is that the signal gets out of the VGA and gets to the TV. im not sure about the VGA to RGB tho.. but if it works the quality would be much higher than VGA to s-video. u would get higher resolution and no static. s-video cables lacks proper insulation.

From DELL DIMENSION 2400 motherboard specs (I searched it from Google, it mentions that the video card is Integrated Intel Extreme graphics. Does this card support TV out directly through VGA port function?

If not, what is the video card that I can buy that has S-video out and can be plugged in to the PCI slot in the motherboard of my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back