How to create cool educational videos as a newbie

abbasi

Hello all,

Owing to the existing bothering situation due to the virus, I need to start creating videos for educational purposes, resembling the ones uploaded on YouTube and look cool in terms of visual effects. I have been working on computer skills for a long time but have never worked on programs to build visual effects or pop up texts when the speaker is saying them. I created a video using MS PowerPoint and it seems fine but compared to those popular technical videos on YouTube, for instance, it's novice.
On the other hand, I don't have enough time to master apps like Photoshop or Autodesk or other big ones to create professional videos nor do I have that objective.
I just want to using a rather simple tool but better than MS PowerPoint or together with that, create better videos.
For example, when I'm explaining a topic and saying keywords, those keywords turn up from any side of the screen and disappear after few instants. This is one example. Things like that can help me make better videos for now until I will get more spare time to dedicate it for learning relevant prominent programs (when needed).

Thanks so much beforehand.

Do you mean you need a more functional app than Powerpoint that allows you to make nice subtitle animation effects? Windows Movie Maker might be a good option. It is easier and more straightforward than power point.
wmm.png

Did you try WMM? If it is too basic for you, try another free options:
1. Kdenlive: it is an open source video editor. It's free and easy (harder than WMM anyway), and comes with many ready-made title templates.
2. VSDC: the free version of VSDC should be enough for you make good outcome. It's built-in screen/audio recorder is versatile than Kdenive.

Hello all,

Owing to the existing bothering situation due to the virus, I need to start creating videos for educational purposes, resembling the ones uploaded on YouTube and look cool in terms of visual effects. I have been working on computer skills for a long time but have never worked on programs to build visual effects or pop up texts when the speaker is saying them. I created a video using MS PowerPoint and it seems fine but compared to those popular technical videos on YouTube, for instance, it's novice.
On the other hand, I don't have enough time to master apps like Photoshop or Autodesk or other big ones to create professional videos nor do I have that objective.
I just want to using a rather simple tool but better than MS PowerPoint or together with that, create better videos.
For example, when I'm explaining a topic and saying keywords, those keywords turn up from any side of the screen and disappear after few instants. This is one example. Things like that can help me make better videos for now until I will get more spare time to dedicate it for learning relevant prominent programs (when needed).

Thanks so much beforehand.
filmora or powerdirector would be good. So easy to use

Back