How to delete user accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweeds1

i was wondering how to get rid of user accounts.the computer im about to get has 3 accounts hogin up the drive so i went into safe mode and change the pass cus i couldnt find how to delete them and that didnt work either.plz help and i thank you all for your previous help that i will be needing.

Instructions

1. Click Start
  2. Click Control Panel
  3. In Control Panel Window click User Accounts
  4. In the user accounts window click the account that you want to delete
  5. Click delete the account.

As an Administrator account holder of course
Or using the actual "Administrator" account from Safe Mode (which can remove user passwords, if required)

Start-->Run--> nusrmgr.cpl

Yes

I use them all the time msc and cpl and even bat !

I'm sure you can find these through Google search, when I have more time I'll post a link. By the way when you search Google use this as well inurl:Microsoft and then your text, such as inurl:Microsoft Windows shortcut commands
That way you only get the official pages from MS

thanks alot um do i type that command in safemode cus like i said they were someone elses accounts but bout to be my com now.o and does xp pro take that command,tynevermind duh i read your repliy so thanks.

Just create a new account (just for you)
Then confirm everything works (like Office if you have it)
Then remove the old accounts

Note: Some programs may not work properly when the program was installed on another account (that has been deleted) This is certainly true to such setups that state "Only for this user account"
So test all your programs, before removing any accounts

Yes

I use them all the time msc and cpl and even bat !

I'm sure you can find these through Google search, when I have more time I'll post a link. By the way when you search Google use this as well inurl:Microsoft and then your text, such as inurl:Microsoft Windows shortcut commands
That way you only get the official pages from MS

Thank you!

naw im not worried about loosing anything thats excactly what im gonna be tryin to do is remove programs and all the crap thats on there because when i was checkin the computer out before i put it onj layaway it wouldnt let me remove all that crap because of the acounts lol so thanks hope it works .ill know in 4 days and let you know.

ill know in 4 days and let you know
That quick hey :)

Anyway, if you're not interested in the programs maybe you should uninstall them in the user account first. Or just do a fresh install of Windows (which is obviously favorable)

well thats on ne of my other posts switching hard drives because im gonna be putting this hard drive in that computer but its gonna be my first time doin what everyone is telling me to doso im just confused.like putting that hard drive in this computer and format it and transfer this data to that hard drive and then put this one in the new computer and boot up with windows which im getting a copy of tommorow but i knnow nothing about formating lol im pretty good with computer system wise and changing parts and stuff but still a noob to the things that still remain lol.

since your helping me now and your explaing things easier maybe when you get the chance im not sure if you have helped in my other topic switching hard drives which has to to with the same issue maybe you could take a look and just tell me what would be the quickest and easies thing to do ,ty soo much to reading all of this. :)

Yes, well you have now stated nothing to backup any longer
So when the Windows CD comes, just put it in the drive and start from it

Once you get to the prompt about "Partitions" or you need to do is remove the partition (there will be notes to describe how to do this, on that setup screen)
This of course will remove your entire previous file system (and all users/programs/data) But it will be a clean install, without any traces from previous owners

That's what I'd do :)

thats wierd about the windows cd partion the drivve because i always used restore disk that erased the drive then put the other cd;s in for i guess drivers and then windows.but im hoping im not gonna have a prob findin and drivers i might need like for sound because i doubt theres any cd's with the other computer.

Yes the Restore disc has been made to remove the current partition too (and install the new one with the image)

I believe this thread and your other one, has fully covered what you should do
I'm hoping that you are satisfied with the information, to help you install Windows on a newly mounted drive.

yes with all the info from you and the others im 99% sure i can do this and thank you very much for helping me out.ps i will let you know how things go when im done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back