How to disable the webcam in windows 10?

moon982

Does anyone know how to disable the webcam in windows 10? Both for the OS and the internet.

I don't use the webcam or internet chat rooms.

Also does any one know how to block videos in web sites? You go to a web site to read text and video many times adds start playing. It does not matter if you scroll down the web page the video will jump down well you are scrolling down the web page.

Disable a webcam? Desktop or laptop? Do what mr. fb does & put tape over it.
In the websites I've been to & go to, if a video continues to play as I read down, there is usually a tiny x you can click so it quits.

It is a laptop.

In the websites I've been to & go to, if a video continues to play as I read down, there is usually a tiny x you can click so it quits.

Is there a no script blocker for fire fox or no flash blocker? Or are these video ads using some thing else than flash or script?

To disable the web cam you need to follow the instructions given below:
  • Open the run box and type devmgmt.msc and press ok.
  • Now expand integrated web cam and right click on your web cam.
  • Click on disable.
Finally, your web cam will be disabled.
About the video block on websites. you may try ad blocker tool. it may help you.

Note I should say I'm using firefox most of the time and some times IE.

But firefox has ad on. I wounder if there ad on to block on video automatic play feature on web site loading.

As for the videos I also tried to stop them somehow but it works like an ad and there's probably no chance avoiding it. Hate websites that allow this type of ads.

To disable the webcam, right click on the Windows (start) symbol, bottom left corner, Device Manager -> Imaging devices and right click your webcam -> Disable device.

If the videos on a webpage are an annoyance, you can either mute the tab in Firefox (if it's the sound that bothers you) or you can always use the reading mode, which should eliminate everything on the page, except for the text of the article.

It is a laptop.

Is there a no script blocker for fire fox or no flash blocker? Or are these video ads using some thing else than flash or script?

Maybe but tomorrow it won't work because they changed something, put a piece of black tape over the camera and no one can see you, mute the sound/microphone by default and only turn it on when you want to hear/say something.

To disable the webcam, right click on the Windows (start) symbol, bottom left corner, Device Manager -> Imaging devices and right click your webcam -> Disable device.

If the videos on a webpage are an annoyance, you can either mute the tab in Firefox (if it's the sound that bothers you) or you can always use the reading mode, which should eliminate everything on the page, except for the text of the article.
That's EXACTLY how to do it. I was really shocked that this method wasn't the first answer given. +1 2 U!

If you have the time and patience you can use WADK windows assessment and deployment kit to virtually mount a .iso of win10 and gut the .wim file out. with the .wim file also mounted you can then proceed to strip out webcam components and anything you're worried about spying on you. on a side not if you remove cortana it breaks start menu as they are connected to startmenuhost!!

Back