How to fix FPS lag

benyu12359

Hey guys, so ever since Oct 8th, I've been getting like 8 fps everysingle game I play, so I finally decided to reformat it today, and it's still lagging me! My antivirus said that svchost.exe was using a lot of my memory, so I reformated, I was starting to think that the cause of this was my graphix card, but I've been playing games on it for over a yr and why would it show up now? Btw, I hav a Nvidia Geforce 9200, I know that's bad, but i've been playing games on it for a yr, why would it show up now? Is there a way to fix this lag? and everytime I'm not playing any games I'm fine! Is there a solution to this?
Specs:
Acer Aspire X3400
AMD Athlon II X2 215 Processor 2.70 GHz
4GB RAM
64 Bit operating system
Nvidia Geforce 9200

**** Remember that this started happening like a yr after I bought the comp, not like a day after I bought the comp, and it's lagging on any games, like crossfire, League of legends, DFO, Maplestory, anything!

The Nvidia Geforce 9200 is killing you, the fastest way to bring you FPS up is to buy a new video card.Think about it and let us know if thats what you want to do.if you dont want to do that, make sure you have the lastest drivers installed for your video card and try Game Booster 3

Thanks for the reply btw, It's an Acer Aspire X3400, so it's one of those mini computers, I saw sum vids on youtube, saying that I should get low profile graphics card, but I don't know what that is. And by the way, do you know why it's happening now instead of when I first bought the comp? thanks!

Does any1 know why it's happening a yr after I bought the comp instead of it happening right when I bought the comp?

The Nvidia Geforce 9200 is killing you, the fastest way to bring you FPS up is to buy a new video card.Think about it and let us know if thats what you want to do.if you dont want to do that, make sure you have the lastest drivers installed for your video card and try Game Booster 3

Thanks for the reply btw, It's an Acer Aspire X3400, so it's one of those mini computers, I saw sum vids on youtube, saying that I should get low profile graphics card, but I don't know what that is. And by the way, do you know why it's happening now instead of when I first bought the comp? thanks!

Once a year i reinstall windows, because i can see my computer being slower, a lot of dust could be in the computer, that causes it to run hotter which will slow the computer down too. If you have a lot of start-up programs that could be why your computer is slower too.

Once a year i reinstall windows, because i can see my computer being slower, a lot of dust could be in the computer, that causes it to run hotter which will slow the computer down too. If you have a lot of start-up programs that could be why your computer is slower too.

Are you 100% sure that getting a new graphics card will fix it? If it does then can you give me a good graphics card that I can install for under 60$? I'm 14 yrs old so I don't have much money :/ and remember that this is a mini computer, so it might not fit those big graphics card.

I suggest something like a ati 6570 or a gtx 450. 60-70 usd range. You will see a noticeable increase in fps.

I suggest something like a ati 6570 or a gtx 450. 60-70 usd range. You will see a noticeable increase in fps.

For the ATI 6570, how do I check if I have these or not?
■PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
■400 Watt or greater power supply recommended (500 Watt for AMD CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
■Certified power supplies are recommended.

My antivirus said that svchost.exe was using a lot of my memory

svchost.exe is a updating service so just don't run games untill it finishes, unfortunately with older computers this may take awile.

Go into device manager and check what model your motherboard is so you can check how many PCIe slots it has (most likely only one for a mATX)

To check what watt your power supply is open your case and look on the power supply for any writing and on it somewhere is will say how much it is

svchost.exe is a updating service so just don't run games untill it finishes, unfortunately with older computers this may take awile.

Go into device manager and check what model your motherboard is so you can check how many PCIe slots it has (most likely only one for a mATX)

To check what watt your power supply is open your case and look on the power supply for any writing and on it somewhere is will say how much it is

Oh thanks, I bought a graphics card yesterday and it fixed the problem!! Woot!

Back