How to get drivers for a Dell E6400 laptop

garym

Hello

I recently recieved a Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. It came with a XP restore disk but did not include any drivers. I got XP reloaded but can not get to the internet to download the needed drivers. I went to Dell's web site on another laptop and see the drivers I need but it will only download to that laptop. I want to download them onto a thumb drive and then load them into the E6400 laptop. How can I get the drivers copied so I can load them into the laptop that needs them?

Thanks

Download them to your other computer, insert the thumb drive, copy the files over, safely remove the thumb drive, and then insert it into your laptop.

Drivers are downloaded from Dell in two formats usually; .exe. files, or .zip (or other self extracting) archives - both of which can be saved to your hard disk.

thanks for the reply. I was able to download to the flashdrive and uploaded to the problem laptop. I got the audio and video working but I can not connect to the web. I went to the dell web site and found a list of drivers for the model laptop but wasn't sure which ones I actually need. How do I know which ones will I need to connect to the web?

Underneath the laptop you will have the service tag no, can you post it for us please.

I'll then link the correct drivers for your Dell if you wish. :)

No problems mate.

The driver you need for the network LAN is available from here.

The Wireless driver is available from here.

Once you've downloaded both of those, move them onto the usb thumb drive, and then transfer them to the Dell laptop. Once installed, reboot the computer and all should be well. :D

I got that laptop up and running and connects to the net now. Thanks to all, I appreciate the help.

Gary

Back