How to install Windows 7 on a UEFI laptop

333rob333

Hi

I am trying to install Windows 7 on a UEFI laptop. The model is a Packard Bell EasyNote ENTE69AP. I have checked and the BIOS can't be changed to Legacy, only UEFI. Please help me, I have tried everything. The laptop doesn't recognize the GPT formatted USB or the CD that Windows 7 setup is on. Please help me, I know there is a way to do this, I just need a little help. :)

Thanks! :)

I think there may be newer components in the machine you now have which are not supported in the Win7 OS.. if Win10 is unacceptable, there is Linux and variants, like Chromium.

REGARDLESS of which OS, creating the Legacy / UEFI Boot setup ought to work

To say that you'd rather use XP shows that you haven't given this much thought. It's very insecure and would challenge an expert to install given your hardware. If downgrading to Windows 7 turns out to be as tricky as it appears you could trade the laptop for a more suitable model with bios or legacy mode.

To say that you'd rather use XP shows that you haven't given this much thought. It's very insecure and would challenge an expert to install given your hardware. If downgrading to Windows 7 turns out to be as tricky as it appears you could trade the laptop for a more suitable model with bios or legacy mode.
I just don't understand, how can it be that there is no legacy mode on my laptop?

Entirely up to the manufacturer. A significant minority have apparently decided to skip that. Kind of like the chipsets which can be overclocked, but overclocking is not included on the motherboard as designed. It is NOT the OS, though I guess there are some 'workarounds'..

Computers that came with Windows 8 and after installed had UEFI. The next generation will possibly, like yours, not have the option that you want. None of my computers have UEFI but I believe that one advantage the new system has is that it boots Windows much faster. Microsoft are very keen to leave Windows 7 in the past and you may find difficulty finding suitable drivers if you do manage to install Windows 7. Check that out before you dive in.

Computers that came with Windows 8 and after installed had UEFI. The next generation will possibly, like yours, not have the option that you want. None of my computers have UEFI but I believe that one advantage the new system has is that it boots Windows much faster. Microsoft are very keen to leave Windows 7 in the past and you may find difficulty finding suitable drivers if you do manage to install Windows 7. Check that out before you dive in.
Thanks, I am aware that I might have trouble finding suitable drivers for Windows 7, but I have a way to find it even if the manufacturer hasn't made any Windows 7 drivers.

Windows 8 was very unpopular so I had a look to see how people who decided to install Windows 7 fared. The few who had no bios or legacy options available appear to have had no success with this. Please post and update the thread if you find a way around the difficulties.

Windows 8 was very unpopular so I had a look to see how people who decided to install Windows 7 fared. The few who had no bios or legacy options available appear to have had no success with this. Please post and update the thread if you find a way around the difficulties.
I will definitely do so, thanks for the help everyone! :)

Back