How to play a simple Mac game on a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbc1989

I have long wanted to play the Mac game BOOM 1.6.2 or its previous versions on my Windows laptop. Is there a way to do this? I'm stumped

What were the requirements for the game? If it ran on processors prior to PowerPC (like the 68030) there was an emulator I had a long time ago, I can't remember the name, but if it ran on that old of a mac I may be able to find the name of it for you.

The Version I want to play says that it's for Classic Mac OS only and it was released in mid 2000.

I am also open to play boom 1.6.2 which is the latest version released last year or two and it can run on Mac OS Classic/X 10.1/10.2/10.3/10.3.9/10.4 PPC/10.5 PPC . So is there an emulator that doesn't require me installing new hardware like a Mac ROM into my computer so that I can play either version of these games?

Basilisk II is the one I've used successfully in the past, but it has probably been about 10 years since I have done so. Here is a page that may be helpful. http://wiki.oldos.org/Mac/68kEmulator
If the version doesn't have 68k code you are probably screwed with this method. But I'm pretty sure the one that only works in Classic would have 68k code still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back