How to reinstall windows telephony service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I created a custom Windows XP CD with nlite but removed a certain component to which I actually require now :( - I need windows telephony service to have my 3 Mobile Wireless USB dongle to work. It is a Huawei E220 and I need windows telephony for it to work correctly. Can someone provide a way on how to reinstall Windows Telephony service, without reinstalling the entire system and using a windows xp disc?

The Windows Telephony Service can be found in the Administrative Tools:

To open the full section:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Services

To go directly to Services:
Start> Run> services.msc> Telephony

Right click on Telephony> Properties> make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic or Manual.

NOTE: the Dependencies for Telephony are the Plug and Play Service and Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Sorry, but did you even read what I wrote?

I removed telephony service that I require now for Wireless Internet from my mobile provider but had removed Telephony service when I created a custom windows XP disc with nLite and I need to know how to reinstall Telephony service somehow.

Yes, I read it. You said:
Well I created a custom Windows XP CD with nlite but removed a certain component to which I actually require now

So what did you create the custom CD from? Don't come down on me because you removed something that was vital! I told you where the Services was on the system. Kimsland told you what to do to get it loaded back.

Maybe you can piece it together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back