How to remotely sign out of Gmail on multiple devices

Jos

Staff
Last edited by a moderator:
Why would this be necessary? Who logs into their email on multiple devices at the same time? Log in, send your message, and, if you are leaving that device, log out. Simple, safe.

I wish google and gmail would start reducing security. What are we afraid of people seeing, some sh-t email? Facebook too. Every time I log on somewhere I get a new message that I accessed it from some other computer or something. What do I care to receive all these messages? Now they decided (like microsoft) that you can't access their smtp servers as other users, so all my locator apps have to be moved to other servers. They also won't allow sending of email by the user's server without their password, which they won't give you. It used to not be allowed in foreign countries, now the us too. Yes, I now had to set up a private email server like hillary. WIth the amount of pop ups and ads on the web and all, the internet is nearly impossible to use. Explain to my mother the 5 ways gmail logs on when she has a prewritten script. If then else on her instructions? In the midst of moving, volunteering, parties, and work how do I have time to maintain these apps? Every month there is a new stipulation, like last month a requirement of a web site with a privacy policy all of a sudden. The apps had to refer to it too. It's like the university of illinois hacker demetrious. The only thing he was breaking into was the security system itself. The grades were on another computer.

Why would this be necessary? Who logs into their email on multiple devices at the same time? Log in, send your message, and, if you are leaving that device, log out. Simple, safe.

People who own phones, "destroy" said phone by cracking the screen (first world problems), replace said phone with new one, forget to wipe said phone before returning it to store. Never done this myself. Besides, anyone who replaces a phone because of a crack in the screen probably dosen't know how to do a reset to factory default.

All kidding aside, there are multiple reasons why someone would have Gmail signed in more than one place.

People who own phones, "destroy" said phone by cracking the screen (first world problems), replace said phone with new one, forget to wipe said phone before returning it to store. Never done this myself. Besides, anyone who replaces a phone because of a crack in the screen probably dosen't know how to do a reset to factory default.

All kidding aside, there are multiple reasons why someone would have Gmail signed in more than one place.

So I am supposed to believe that many people are logged in to Gmail when their phones break? Not buying it. Besides, the article says multiple devices. This seems like a non issue that people who don't care enough about their own security deserve to experience.

So I am supposed to believe that many people are logged in to Gmail when their phones break? Not buying it. Besides, the article says multiple devices. This seems like a non issue that people who don't care enough about their own security deserve to experience.

It was a joke, as my comment said, and you quoted me twice in the same comment.......

I logged in to a remote PC to e-mail a file to myself but lost the connection and didn't know if someone else was using it/Logmein service failed or whatever so this was pretty useful.

SURE - - but that's ignoring human factors like just closing the window or swiping the application to stop it.

Back