How to remove dual booting menu for Windows XP Pro?

hi all. i have installed windows xp profesional into my pc resently. it goes well until i restarted my pc. now, i have both my old windows and new windows on boot menu.. i find it annoying because every time i on my pc it will automaticly boot into my old windows. how to fix this problem?

hi oneshah, welcome to TS

In order to solve your problem you will need to use the boot setup under MSCONFIG.

• Boot up your PC and boot into your NEW windows installation.
  • Select "Run" and when the box appears type in msconfig
  • You should now be shown the MSCONFIG dialog box with a series of tabes accross the top one of which will say "BOOT"
  • Click on the BOOT tab and you should see both your operating systems there for you to choose from.
  • Click on your NEW OS that you have installed and then click on the "SET DEFAULT" button
  • This will ensure that when your PC boots up it will boot into your NEW OS. You can also change the TIMEOUTtime here (default 30s) to a lower figure if you wish. Timeout time is where you may have more than one OS installed and it gives you a designated time for you to choose your desire oS.
  • Click OK and you will see a msgbox say Restart or Exit without Restarting
  • Click RESTART and your PC should boot into your NEW OS
  • When re-booting you will be shown a msgbox stating that you used MSCONFIG. Click on the option box "Don't show this message again" and click ok
  • Away you go :)

The image below is what the MSCONFIG with the BOOT option selected looks like. Please note the picture below only shows ONE OS installed :)

(not sure if the picture is being shown properly so the link is below)
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...3EBE0217096A6F72!103&authkey=!AGp7nL6nCfG-6_4
Hope this Helps
James

Back