Inactive How to uninstall combofix from my Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Times New Roman] I would like to uninstall combo fix from my laptop. I ran the program yesterday and when it got to the auto scan part it stopped running. I left it overnight and still there was no change. I switched off my computer and I restarted it. Once I did that I swiched all my antivirus and firewall. Please I would like to unistall combofix completely from my laptop. Thanks a lot and waiting to hear from you soon.[/FONT]

In spite of all the warnings on this site and every other site not to run Combofix unless instructed to do so by your helper, people still do it and then don't know how to handle it.

Please notw: I am not taking any responsibility for what Combofix might have deleted and quarantined, nor any effect it might have pn the system.

Combofix uninstall only: Click START> then RUN> type Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox> click OK
Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I have tried following the steps you gave me but is doesnt work. Each time I follow the steps, I would be instructed to run the combofix.exe. Once I run the program, it will automatically go back to the autoscan screen. After 3-5mins the screen will stop running (freeze). Please Sir, what should I do from this point? Thanks and waiting to hear from you soon.

The purpose of this forum is to help find and remove malware. It is not to give instructions to remove a program you should not have been using.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
==================================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time. I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me. Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't follow directions given to someone else
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
Threads are closed after 5 days if there is no reply.

Thanks a lot! I was able to uninstall combofix. I appreciate all your efforts and I have learn my lessons.
But I have one little problem. For the past few days I have been receiving the message from Microsoft essentials...
Detected threats are being cleaned!
No action needed.
Please Sir, could this be a possible virus? Thanks a lot and waiting to hear from you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back