How to use Hiren's boot CD to divide my new hard disk into partitions?

ahmado

Hello,
i bought a new hard disk and i need to divide it by Hiren's boot CD. I downloaded it and copied it to a blank cd in .iso format.
But the problem is that my pc doesn't boot from the cd. Instead it boots from the hard disk. I checked the boot device priority in the bios settings and it says:
1. CD-ROM
2. Hard disk

I can't get it to boot from the cd. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Copying the file to CD is not enough. You must burn the ISO image file to a CD using an app like Nero, UltraISO, etc.

Yes as jmjsquared stated, use a program such as Nero and burn it as a bootable disc or an ISO image, and then your computer will boot off of it, sorry if you have already fixed this issue, I notice it is a week old and probably by now useless, but you never confirmed that you got it to work, are still having problems, or anything :)

Although the problem is solved.
You most likely did not need to go to the trouble of HIrens on an ISO, plus which HIrens contains unlicensed software and as such its discussion on most forums is banned,
I am new on this forum but work on two others and on those Hirens is a banned subject.
That all said, your best course was to use the manufacturers - HDD - utilities for partitioning. Nearly ALL HDD manufacturers include these utilties on their sites.

1.insert CD containg Hiren Boot CD software
2.Boot Machine from CD-ROM
3.Then Check Drive and create partition from it

Back