HP 530 Notebook PC not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjKraid

Hi!

So my laptop can't boot...or it can't even get the power on, the "power" / "charging" light blinks 8 times and nothing...

where can I find some instructions or do someone know what's the problem?

thx :)

CAMusing, you directed the OP to a forum which reveals that the problem is common, but there is no solution posted in any of the threads re the HP 530's failure to boot problem.
What they have posted is what didn't work--which was replacing the battery and the power supply.
If the laptop is under warranty, then you should contact HP for repairs.

Yes, I work on all makes of laptops here in the USA and the failure symptom indicates a bad motherboard

#Tmagic650 - true but the blinking light can also mean that the wlan-card is broken or that the bt-card is broken or something like that...that's why I would like to find somekind of "error manual" for this piece of poop :D but tomorrow I will call hp and complain (as usual) :p

Problem solved :) the powersupply didn't give enough power. the hp 530 notebooks powersupply - 18.5v the "new" 19v. The old one works in my other laptop so it's not broken...

Here in the US we call them AC adapters and they are considered to be "consumables" meaning they are like printer cartridges and printer paper... they go bad. The AC adapter should have been the first thing you tried. Glad you figured it out finally

yeah but it works in my other laptop so it's basicly not broken. AC adapter true, HP email support uses Power supply (like in PCs).

"HP email support uses Power supply (like in PCs)"...

I don't know what you mean by this statement. A laptop AC adapter only produces one DC voltage from the AC source. It is basically +19VDC... A PC power supply produces many DC voltages from the AC source. These voltages include:
+12
+5
+3
A laptop has internal circuits on the motherboard to turn the +19 volts into other DC voltages. This is because a PC power supply won't fit into a laptop. Understand?

Glad to hear that you resolved the problem with a new AC adapter/power supply/AC converter or whatever else it may be called somewhere.
The nice thing is that you bothered to post the solution to your problem on this forum.
I wonder why it fails to power-up your HP 530, yet works on another laptop?
Was it the AC adapter that the laptop originally came with, or maybe it was for your other laptop and accidentally got switched?
If not, perhaps the other laptop is more tolerant of undervoltage?
TMagic650, you seem to be very knowledgeable about electronics.
Could an AC adapter that is supplying too little voltage to a laptop cause damage to components, as a result?
Do most laptops have something built-in to protect them from this--by failing to allow boot-up, etc.?

"Could an AC adapter that is supplying too little voltage to a laptop cause damage to components, as a result?
Do most laptops have something built-in to protect them from this--by failing to allow boot-up, etc.?"

I have seen the AC adapter destroy a motherboard and a motherboard destroy an AC adapter. Laptop motherboards are subject to vibration shocks and heat much more than a PC... As the electronics get hotter, the more current is demanded from its power supply. Its current not voltage that destroys in most cases. Yes a laptop motherboard has protection, some manufacturers boards are better protected than others

Very interesting that the damage can occur either way

Thanks alot for the info, Tmagic650.
Your sharing of knowledge is much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back