HP announces limited edition EliteBook Folio 1020 with Bang & Olufsen audio, new color scheme

Shawn Knight

Staff member

HP’s EliteBook Folio 1020 is one of the best looking notebooks around, especially in the often boring business class. It’s also become one of the first to receive a limited edition makeover with help from the audio experts at Bang & Olufsen.

Known officially as the HP EliteBook Folio 1020 Bang & Olufsen limited edition laptop (yeah, that’s a mouthful), the system includes a Bang & Olufsen audio system tucked neatly into a silver ash (dark gray) chassis with copper accents.

The system weights just 2.68 pounds (the same as the original). Curiously enough, HP hasn’t yet revealed the full system specifications although I suspect they’ll be identical to the original EliteBook Folio 1020 that debuted late last year. If you recall, that system packed an Intel Core M processor, 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage space and a 12.5-inch QHD display.

We also don’t yet know how much the limited edition variant will cost. HP only revealed that the new system will be available sometime this fall. Given that timeframe, it’s quite likely that we could see HP ship the system with the option of having Windows 10 pre-installed.

The color scheme may not be for everyone although I personally think it’s quite refreshing (hopefully the copper won’t tarnish over time). I do, however, question why HP selected a business class machine for a limited edition run when I suspect most working types don’t really care what their system looks like, but I digress.

Permalink to story.

Back