HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 printer results in blurry pages

Hi, new here. I have a problem with my HP OJ 8610 series. I used this printer for years without any issues, however, every page that comes out of the printer is totally blurry. Now, I am a rookie when it comes to technology, and some of my colleagues suggested updating the drivers or rolling back the old ones (I think). I checked the physical components and everything is connected and working properly? I am on Windows XP

Have you tried printing from a flash drive? If not, try that first, to ensure it is the driver and not a printer related issue.

Being an older inkjet, its likely you got a bad ink cartridge.

Older HP printers with the print head built into the ink cartridge are able to clank away merrily for many years. Your 8610 has a separate print head into which individual colour cartridges are fitted. When the print head clogs up even multiple cleaning cycles may not put things right. I‘d say that you’ve done really well out of your printer. Cut your losses and replace it. I hate to junk stuff but replacing the print head would cost silly money and might not work out. Modern printers are designed to eat ink especially when running cleaning cycles.

Back