HP Pavilion dv6730ec downgrading Vista to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I bought HP notebook Pavilion dv6730ec with pre-installed Vista.
I want to downgrade it to XP.
The problem is, that HP official site offers just a few drivers for my model dv6730ec, for example, there is no driver for audio, network driver and so on. Where can I get these drivers? Are they the same as drivers of other dv6000 series notebooks, so can I use those drivers?

Please help, I really cannot stand Vista OS any more :(

Thank you in advance.

It really depends on the hardware. Often you can try an older driver but there is no guarantee that it will work.

You also need a bit of experience with Windows to get non supported drivers working. It can often be done, but it's not always just click and install, some times you have to do some file editing or custom install methods.

Do you have a valid Vista CD and Key to reinstall if you can't get Windows XP to work the way you want?

Miising drivers

Hp supply the drivers for Xp for your model
Once Xp is fully installed, you can go to this page, or ideally use the auto-detection from H E R E.

Yes, as I wrote, HP really does offer some drivers for my model, but not all of them! For example, drivers for sound or network adapter (just wireless) are missing there. Other models have more drivers available at HP official site.

It really depends on the hardware. Often you can try an older driver but there is no guarantee that it will work.

You also need a bit of experience with Windows to get non supported drivers working. It can often be done, but it's not always just click and install, some times you have to do some file editing or custom install methods.

Do you have a valid Vista CD and Key to reinstall if you can't get Windows XP to work the way you want?

Well, I'm not sure if I am experienced enough for this :( I have recovery Vista DVDs made from recovery partition which my notebook was shipped with.

Yes, as I wrote, HP really does offer some drivers for my model, but not all of them!
You mis-understood, Hp offer support for Xp on this model.
That is all you need

Install Xp
Install the drivers
Hopefully Xp finds any drivers missing
If there are any drivers missing, contact Hp (link supplied above) and ask for the direct link to the drivers they support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back