HP Pavilion dv8000 no audio device detected

I have lost the sound on my HP Pavilion dv8000.
On a previous thread in this forum I was able to find the problem device
It shows like this
Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_30A5103C&REV_01\3&B1BFB68&0&D8 39
I tried to load a driver from HP (actually tried all 3) and they all failed
I unfortunately thought I was being proactive and deleted a driver that said it was a vulnerability and apparently it must have been something to do with my audio because now I have no sound.
I have hopefully attached the DXDiag file as noted on the other forum post

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    37.9 KB · Views: 1
If you delete all the sound drivers and restart the laptop does the laptop try to install the sound drivers or does it say that they are missing or does Windows try to install the drivers?

Tmagic650 thank you for the response!
restarting the laptop does not try to install any drivers, does not say they are missing and Windows does not try to install ... but then I do not know if I have all the sound drivers deleted as I am just guessing that one of the Bullguard vulnerability files deleted had to have been a sound driver.
I did find another thread on this forum that gave instructions to find "problem files" and then told the person to create the other file I attached. Not that I truly understand what I am doing but I followed the instructions and found a problem file.
Definitely up to trying to find and delete other sound drivers if there is a way but for now any that I have tried to "download" have started and then said the action could not be completed because something could not be found.

Back