HP Pavillion dv9700 laptop won't start up

MysterioMask

I was given an HP Pavillion dv9700 to look at, when i press the button it looks like its about to power on then shuts off after about a second or 2. Thats about all the info i can give you right now sorry. Ive pulled the harddrive out and tried to power it on and still nothing.

If by memory you mean ram im pretty sure its working fine. Usually i can get it to at least beep when i take the ram out on other desktops / laptops.

Yes I meant Random Access Memory or System memory. In Laptops, If you take the RAM out, it doesn't beep or even boot. Desktops will beep continuously if a speaker is attached, but they also won't boot

I thought laptops would beep too if the ram wasnt in the system. What would the systems reaction be if there was no ram in the system? Would it just shut off? I took the ram out and put the ram back in still nothing.

No, laptops don't beep, at least the older ones don't. They just won't turn on at all. The motherboard in your HP laptop is probably bad. If you search EBay, you might be able to get a replacement at a decent price...

Back