HP quietly intros $600 Core i3-equipped G62T laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

HP has quietly slipped out a new laptop prepared to tackle everyday computing tasks, the G62T. At $600, the base unit offers a 15.6-inch 1366x768 LED display, an Intel Core i3-330M and integrated HD graphics, 2GB of DDR3 RAM (free upgrade to 3GB at the moment), a 160GB 7200RPM HDD, a DVD burner, a six-cell battery, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Additional configuration choices include five other Core i3, i5, and i7 processors, up to 4GB of RAM, 250GB to 500GB of storage, a Blu-ray reader, Bluetooth, and a webcam. The G62T houses the usual round of connectivity, such as (optional) HDMI, VGA, Ethernet, wireless-N, three USB 2.0 ports, an optional media card reader, as well as headphone and mic jacks.

HP claims the G62T offers "all of what you need, [and] nothing you don't," and I think that's a fair statement for the average user. It's worth noting that coupons are readily available, and that sweetens the deal.

Permalink to story.

I dunno, right now, I have zero faith in the HP brand. A friend of mine has seen no end of hell with a dv5 series and right after that was the infamous failure rate report. Asus or MSI for me. I'll stick to manufacturers and not assemblers.

I'm currently using the new DM series and they works pretty well.

Also, yay for aluminium-magnesium casing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back