HP XW6200 Windows Home Server 2011

JaminSince83

[FONT=arial]Hello[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]I have installed WHS 2011 several times onto 2 separate Sata HDD's and received the same random BSOD on both installs. 0x00000019 BAD_POOL_HEADER[/FONT]

Ive ran a full chkdsk on both the HDD's I have and also ran memory tests on the 4GB of RAM I have with no errors.

[FONT=arial]I have an unknown device that is not installed correctly in device manager a media audio controller.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]The RIG im using is a HP workstation xw6200 which shipped with XP installed and runs fine but still has the unknown device in device manager. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial]I have tried to DL the drivers from HP website for the vista 64 bit version for the audio drivers it supplies but they do not resolve the unknown device, that doesnt really matter as Im not playing sound from my server anyway, just thought you would want to know in case its whats causing my problem.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]This problem happens randomly whenever it feels like and whether the RIG is logged into the admin account for the server or not.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]I remember reading a fix for windows server 2003 for an NTFS corruption but im unsure of whether this will resolve this issue?[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]I have attached my dump files in the zip so if your into it and can look through it then please tell me what I can do to fix it.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]If you want anymore info let me know.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Thanks[/FONT]

Attachments

• Jamins Dumps 4 WHS2011 HP xw6200.zip
    259.5 KB · Views: 4
The 13 dump files all show "BAD_POOL_HEADER" with Ntoskrnl.exe... This usually points to memory issues. What program did you use to check the memory? Can you swap it out for test purposes?

The folowing error: BAD_POOL_HEADER is characterized as driver related [FONT=arial]Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]company: Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]description: NT Kernel & System[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time. [/FONT]

Well I was lazy and did the windows mem test but then I ran memtest86+ for 8 passes without error. I have since reinstalled WHS 2011 and touch wood its ok but it is fresh for the last 12 hours so I will see how it goes.

Right OK

So less than 24 hours of freshly installing WHS 2011 for the 4th time it has BSOD again with the same error code 0x00000019.

Windows 7 upgrade advisor says it cant do aero but does say I can install audio drivers even tho there is still something as unkown device in device manager, which I disabled.

I used the program WhoCrashed which gave me the same reply as ImaBrokeDude gave earlier so I'm no closer to what is casuing the problem. WhoCrashed suggests a full memory dump for better analysis so ive edited the registery to do a complete memory dump and will await the next BSOD!

The computer shipped with windows XP professional.

Its more based around windows server 2008 R2.

WhoCrashed shows this
[FONT=Segoe UI]Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]thats why I thought I would run the 7 upgrade advisor to see what it says as I was concerned about this unknown multimedia controller just in case not having that installed was causing a problem. [/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]I havnt tried what you suggested yet about swapping memory out which I will do Im just awaiting the next crash so I can analzye the dump again with WhoCrashed, Ill post it here as well if it gives no useful hints.[/FONT]

OK so the Server has crashed again, weirdly at around the same time as before (3 am) but with a different BSOD code. Before I reinstalled I was getting 0x19 all the time this time it was 0x1E. It did do a full memory dump but that is 3.99GB so I doubt you want that uploading but I have attahced the mini dumps.

Also WhoCrashed reports for error 0x1E minidump the problem came from [FONT=Segoe UI]TCP/IP Driver[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]but the full memory dump with the same error reports the error came from Microsoft Storage Port Driver[/FONT]

Attachments

• Jamins New Mini Dumps.zip
    42.5 KB · Views: 2
I would ignore the TCP/IP driver error for now. The BAD_POOL_HEADER code also points to a memory issue

Hello

Sorry for the long delay in posting I have moved house and been busy with work!

So I still havnt got round to switching out my memory but thought I would update with what the server has been upto.

It seems to crash around the same time btween 3 - 5 am every morning. All with different BSOD's

SO I guess were looking at either dodgy memory or WHS 2011 just doesnt like my HW too much!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 2
This looks like a memory issue for sure. SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE, BAD_POOL_HEADER...The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL can be caused by memory problems too

Back