HTC One M8 Review: Solid Feature Set, Unmatched in Android Hardware Design

Scorpus

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/801-htc-one-m8/]https://www.techspot.com/review/801-htc-one-m8/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

It is a good phone, alright, but it is also one of the very last premium phones released with 32-bit system.

64-bit Android phones are due to be announced very soon, starting with Galaxy Note 4 or even earlier. Just as the first such phones are announced, the previous 32-bit will be of much less interest to anybody.

What about the Sony Z2? Isn't this kind of a crucial omission when discussing top phones???

Every other review on the HTC that I have seen mentions that while it is a solid phone, the Z2 bests it almost across the board...

What about the Sony Z2? Isn't this kind of a crucial omission when discussing top phones???

Every other review on the HTC that I have seen mentions that while it is a solid phone, the Z2 bests it almost across the board...

Haven't used the Xperia Z2 as it's unreleased so I can't compare the two

I wouldn’t be shocked if this was the same display seen in the HTC Droid DNA and HTC Butterfly, but it could equally be an updated model.
equally or easily? I'm confused as to how the article author described the new htc m8.

The designers at HTC have finally realized that the gradients of Sense don’t mesh well with the flat, modern look of Android 4.0+, so you won’t find one in the software of the HTC One. Everything is now flattened and looks surprisingly slick.
...copying from the flat look of windows 8.x OS? :)

Last edited:
While I was puzzled as to how the cover works for a few days, and HTC refused to tell me
LOL hall effect sensor is secret?

What about processing efficiency of the new 801 chip?
I.E. benched performance vs power consumed.

Good review. I'm happy HTC got it right with this handset. It's honestly their only chance to stay relevant in the market as it stands today.

The Index does show up on the right side of the articles next to the social media controls. However, it doesn't always scroll all the way down the page like it should. So, depending if it feels like working or not, you may not see it if you're towards the end of a page.

Index right side of the screen its not hard.
Thanks. You're right, it's not hard when you know where to look. Remember my eyes aren't as young and as good as yours, they also don't notice everything on the page when there are a lot of things they're trying to ignore. ;)

Thanks. You're right, it's not hard when you know where to look. Remember my eyes aren't as young and as good as yours, they also don't notice everything on the page when there are a lot of things they're trying to ignore. ;)

Sorry the reason I was short was because you mentioned it in the Radeon R9 295X2 thread yesterday and I explained how to use the menu. Obviously you didn't go back to that thread ;)

Sorry the reason I was short was because you mentioned it in the Radeon R9 295X2 thread yesterday and I explained how to use the menu. Obviously you didn't go back to that thread ;)
No need to apologise, I wasn't offended. Again you're right, I only go back to a particular article if I see my post has been quoted., if not I don't usually bother with it again.

Nice review. The video is way too long though. 5 minutes is good. 10 minutes at most.

I agree with the part about the black bar at the bottom. It should have been removed and should have made way for more screen real estate. It looks quite awkward.

Seems kind of too big but I would choose this and Xperia Z2 over any other flagship phone.

Here is my problem. I want a cheap good phone. In two years I will want another cheap good phone. I am not paying 600 for it.

Why. Only16 or 32gb htc? Can one move programs to the sd card? If not the m8 is a big step backward for me as I have the 64gb m7

Why. Only16 or 32gb htc? Can one move programs to the sd card? If not the m8 is a big step backward for me as I have the 64gb m7

Can't speak for the M8 but I've run programs from my sd card on other android devices so probably same thing here

I want to see a review of the Z2 as I want to compare it to the M8. I want to know how the build quality and cameras compare.

@TheLastPanda
I believe with KK 4.4.x apps will no longer be able to save data on SD Card (as far as I understand). I haven't tried to run any on my GT-i9505 from SD Card, after reading that somewhere.

On M8, a whole package, it is far better phone, S6 UI is much more snappier compared to crappy TW, which even with this new iteration (in S5) still feels sluggish at times. Also, I remember reading on Anand's that flash storage implementation on S5 is not ideal, and compromises performance under given circumstances. So that is to be considered as well. I guess if I decided to ditch S4 (highly unlikely, since I'm thinking of replacing my 925 with either 930 or 1520 :D ), M8 probably will be a very good choice.

Back