HTC One M9 specifications, press photos hit the web

Shawn Knight

Staff member

htc mwc smartphone specs leak handset htc one phone specifications mwc 2015 m9 htc one m9 mobile world congress 2015

As is becoming the norm in the smartphone industry, a complete list of purported specifications and press images of HTC’s upcoming One M9 smartphone have found their way online roughly a week before its scheduled debut at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

According to the information, the M9 will ship with Qualcomm’s octa-core Snapdragon 810 SoC clocked at 2.0GHz alongside 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage with microSD expansion. Around back is a new 20-megapixel camera with a BSI sensor, autofocus and dual LED flash while a 4-megapixel front-facing UltraPixel shooter handles selfie and video calling duties.

htc mwc smartphone specs leak handset htc one phone specifications mwc 2015 m9 htc one m9 mobile world congress 2015

The display measures five inches diagonally with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 (441 PPI) – the same as last year’s model.

The phone is said to measure 9.61mm thick and as you can see in the images, the rear is once again curved. In fact, the entire handset doesn’t look much different compared to the current generation.

It’ll come with a 2,900mAh battery and tips the scales at 157.5g. The boom sound speakers have returned and you also get Dolby audio. A trio of microphones handles voice capturing duties.

The HTC One M9 will ship with Android 5.0 Lollipop with a new HTC Sense 7 overlay. It’ll reportedly carry a retail price of 749 euros, or about $853. Expect to see the official unveiling on March 1 during MWC.

Permalink to story.

I'm looking at replacing my iPhone with someone Android related, this is looking to be a contender!

HTC sense is nice and all, might consider upgrading when my contract is due for renewal, though I'm also interested in trying Window 10 out on mobile devices, so I'll be keeping an eye out for a Windows 8.1 (or even 10 if it's out by then) variant.

Really happy that HTC decided to stay with the successful design of the M8. Upgraded specs, including a much better camera that I believe everyone had hoped HTC would adopt with the new One. Should be another solid phone. Excited to update again.

Really happy that HTC decided to stay with the successful design of the M8. Upgraded specs, including a much better camera that I believe everyone had hoped HTC would adopt with the new One. Should be another solid phone. Excited to update again.

Agreed... I don't know how different they would have made their design. It already looks great.

The real news will be how the camera works. Looks to be a significant change compared to their last two designs.

I've been very pleased with my HTC One M8 phone. I personally have no complaints or concerns recommending the M8 at all. This years M9 has a larger battery, slightly lighter, and all around upgraded. It's a sure bet for one of the top phones fro 2015. It's at least a very tantalizing upgrade from last year.

I am happy with my M8 and definitely am pleased that HTC did two things which I thought were important: Sticking with the design which is very functional and getting rid of their camera technology for something more standard. When compared to my wife's S4, the picture quality of the M8 is very noticeable.

That all said, since I'm on a two year contract, by the time I get a new phone HTC will probably talking about the M10.

If it comes with Windows, I might want to try this. I did not get the M8 with Windows last year because I just have got the Lumia 930 that time. I wish they will release it with Windows 10 or 8.1 if 10 comes late. Anyway, it is definitely upgradeable to Windows 10 later.

Agreed... I don't know how different they would have made their design. It already looks great.

The real news will be how the camera works. Looks to be a significant change compared to their last two designs.

I am curious to see the same. I'm not complaining about the pictures I get out of the M8 but, it definitely lacks when compared to other "premium" smart phones. I kept seeing so many sites speculate with pictures looking more like the IPhone 6 design for the m9. I would have been very surprised, and mostly disappointed had that been the case.

Back