HTC 'Uh-Oh' program will replace your damaged One M9 for free for one year, no questions asked

Jos

Staff

htc smartphone one m9 uh oh

Earlier this month during the One M9 unveiling, HTC America president Jason Mackenzie teased a further announcement that would set the device apart from its competition. Today we finally know what that is: the company is extending its cracked screen replacement program to now cover any damage free of charge for 12 months. If it breaks you get a new phone, no questions asked.

Dubbed Uh Oh Program, HTC says it has your back whether you accidentally crack the screen, drop it in the toilet or even if you just want to switch carriers. In any of these events all you need to do is call an 800 number, provide your phone’s IMEI number, and HTC will send a new unit overnight.

There are caveats, of course, but they are pretty reasonable. You can only use the program once and you need to ship your damaged unit back (HTC will also send a prepaid envelope), otherwise you’ll be charged for the new phone. That means if you simply lost your phone or dropped it off a bridge you’re out of luck.

Moreover, if you don’t use the program in the first 12 months, HTC will give you $100 toward the purchase of your next HTC phone. Sounds like a good deal.

“We want our customers to have the confidence to use their new HTC One and the peace of mind that HTC has your back if something unfortunate happens to it,” Mackenzie said in a press release. “While other smartphone companies look at uh-oh moments as a way to profit off of you, we are focused on adding value to owning an HTC One.”

The program is available in the U.S. only and will go live at the same time the new HTC One M9 goes on sale in the coming days. Last year's models will also be eligible if they are purchased on that date or later.

Permalink to story.

I'd like to bring in One M9 with a big hole in the middle, caused by misuse of a crowbar, just to test their "no questions asked" policy.

Marketing
A highly appropriate and accurate comment. You must've researched this article carefully. The thing I'd like to know is who assisted you? I find it hard to believe that one person can be capable of making such an enlightening (read real stupid) comment.

HTC says it has your back whether you accidentally crack the screen, drop it in the toilet or even if you just want to switch carriers.
No way! No Joke, I had an HTC M8 go in the toilet over the weekend. I'd love to say it dried out and worked again, but Asurion sent me a new one and wants the old one back, so I'll never know.

100$ back, +25% more, buy 2 pay 1 is not product, not quality but only marketing.
Everybody knows it after 3 years old age or less.
I hope helped you.

I met with an IQ40 Gibbon who told me, hard to believe IQ120 peoples want 100$ instead of more power longer life battery.

Just to be sure: Realize you'd be getting a refurbished phone. So, someone else's sloppy seconds. This is nothing but a marketing ploy. Any self-respecting phone manufacturer or carrier would do the same. Hey, HTC, wanna really stand out - promise a new phone!

A highly appropriate and accurate comment. You must've researched this article carefully. The thing I'd like to know is who assisted you? I find it hard to believe that one person can be capable of making such an enlightening (read real stupid) comment.
Hey look, if one word replies are your thing, make that word count for something....:cool:
Just to be sure: Realize you'd be getting a refurbished phone. So, someone else's sloppy seconds. This is nothing but a marketing ploy. Any self-respecting phone manufacturer or carrier would do the same. Hey, HTC, wanna really stand out - promise a new phone!
This sounds like it came from the mouth of today's social entitlement babies. Remember, you only go around once, so you've got to grab for all the free stuff you think the world owes you!(y)
I'd like to bring in One M9 with a big hole in the middle, caused by misuse of a crowbar, just to test their "no questions asked" policy.
Well, the advertising "industry" has diluted such terms as, "unbreakable", or, "indestructible", tp the point where you know they, "say it, but they don't mean it".

For example, "I love all my compatriots at Techspot, and all manners of people in general. I can't wait to get home so I can hear hip-hop music pouring out of junk cars at a badly distorted 120db . I'd like to rescue a pit bull from the pound, but I'm afraid it would be housebroken".

So now, take the Kaptain Krankly Kharacter evaluation index . (Better known as the KKKI).

A: I was sincere about everything I said in the foregoing.
B: I posted that crap to serve as click bait
C: Hate is like sunshine, I enjoy basking in it
D: That was pure sarcasm.
E: That was shameless self promotion.
F: I'm honing my people skills.
G: I want to supplement my retirement income by working part at an ad agency
H: All of the foregoing, save for 1 & 6

Back