Huawei P10 Review: A great statement for last year's model

Julio Franco

Staff member

This year Huawei launched a new top-end smartphone, the Huawei P10, along with a larger brother in the P10 Plus. The phone debuted in a time where competitors like Samsung and LG had just launched flagships with larger, bezel-free displays. But rather than innovating in a similar fashion, Huawei opted for a more iterative approach that took the good parts of the P9 and attempted to improve them for 2017.

Read the full article here.

I'm tired of hearing the statement from vendors, tech blogs, comments about how "stylish/sexy" phones are. IT'S A PHONE. Until consumers get over this goo-goo gaa-gaa attitude of sexy colors, stylish design BS, we'll continue to put up with smaller batteries, too THIN designs. IT'S A PHONE. It's a tool to be used. I'd rather have one that I'm not afraid that if I drop it onto carpet, it might shatter into a zillion pieces.

Oleophobic coating is just marketing mumble. It helps for a week, maybe two, then just wears off. Putting the device in a case and (very) often wiping the screen clean from skin gunk is the only feasible solution. Naturally waterproofing is also a great boon, you can wash the device thoroughly with soap and water periodically.

Oleophobic coating is just marketing mumble. It helps for a week, maybe two, then just wears off. Putting the device in a case and (very) often wiping the screen clean from skin gunk is the only feasible solution.
I couldn't disagree more.

Waterproofing on the other hand, agreed, it's a must-have feature for me.

As a hearing impaired person with two hearing aids, hearing on a phone is very challanging yet I have yet to read one review here that deals with quality of sound.

There is only one site that does this and it is limited: http://www.gsmarena.com/

A phone is used for hearing calls too! Why not deals with quality of voice reproduction too?

...Maybe they figured everyone would keep the horrendous screen protector applied...

I wouldn't say applying a screen protector is "horrendous". Unless of course, you don't mind the scratches that start to accumulate all over within just a few days. No matter how careful you are. When you are paying for a premium, you better take care of it well.

Back