Humble CPUs Collection of a Russian Geek

Thats pretty mad!

I do wonder how recent some of those actually are though, and how many of them are actually working examples.

Beats collecting stamps though! :D

P.S. I spent about an hour on that site. Some really cool stuff on there, including pictures from Chernobyl, and rather comical instances of cars being eaten by water, mud and concrete Russian roads!

Russia is a strange place - You can be stood in an area with absolute poverty, and turn a corner to some of the most expensive, excessive buildings and enormous wealth imaginable. I've never been anywhere else like it before!

How long have you felt this way.......

The Russian should meet this guy...a geek bromance could be only a scary Aeroflot flight away!

I think this guy may have deep seated issues with his mother. It's a rather linear observation I admit, But I think true none the less.

I think this guy may have deep seated issues with his mother. It's a rather linear observation I admit, But I think true none the less.

What if, secretly he wanted to be a cyborg or something similar? So he can scare others afterwards ;)

What if, secretly he wanted to be a cyborg or something similar? So he can scare others afterwards ;)

Oh well now thats just silly!.....can you imagine how thick the nap of the roller he will need to paint his walls? ....:p:wave:

Thats pretty mad!

P.S. I spent about an hour on that site. Some really cool stuff on there, including pictures from Chernobyl, and rather comical instances of cars being eaten by water, mud and concrete Russian roads!

lol i did the same thing... every time i see chernobyl stuff i spend hours browsing sites i don't have the necessary language packs to read :haha:

as for the CPUs i guess there's nothing better to do in that country... i bet the guy doesn't even own a computer. maybe a 1970s USSR supercomputer that runs at a whopping 10mhz w/ 2MB of RAM; the size of a small refrigerator.

i guess there's nothing better to do in that country

No wonder they have one of the lowest birth rates int he world (upto 2008 I think), probably one of the reasons were .... 'alcohol abuse'. :grinthumb

@EXCel
Me too. Chernoybl fascinates me - Like you I can spend hours reading and looking at pictures. Did you see pictures of all the military hardware they left behind?

Its all been scavinged (sp), which is rather scary considering there is now, more than likely radioactive parts all over the region. lol.

I still don't get why the bigger stuff wasn't chemically cleaned. Unless of course its something to do with the disproportionate costs involved.

@Archean
Ruskie's do love there vodka! :D Though I am somewhat suprised by that stat!

Yup it is, I read somewhere that Germans had 0% growth rate in real terms, and Czech's were having negative growth rate. So Russian's weren't alone in having troubles with 'birth rates'. It would be interesting to see what may be causing these trends though.

@Archean
I suppose most Russian ladies prefer Europeans/American's to settle down, marry and have kids with. LOL. Maybe there is some truth in that after all.

My experiences of Russia women are strange; in my time out there most of the women I saw were "super hot".... I have no idea what it is, but Eastern block women can be rather nice looking. lol. They fit both extremes, and never in-between. They're either Anna Kournikova, or the total opposite.

Maybe their standards are too high for your typical male Ruskie vodka consumer.... :D

They're either Anna Kournikova, or the total opposite

I'd put it like this "They look exactly like Anna Kournikova, apart from every single aspect you can imagine", perhaps it would soften the impact of what you mean ;)

@Leeky
Got my vote too. A reasonable proportion of the Eastern European women I've met are stunning. They also seem very well educated and very assertive/goal orientated. A fair few emigrate to NZ (a country that lacks in skilled tertiary professionals) with doctorates, or as mail-order brides, who see out their residency requirements obediently, only to shock their cro-magnon spouses with divorce papers and a reasonable fluency in the English language that hubby is surprised to learn took less than a year to master.
Having talked to a few emigres, they all seem to view Russian (et al) males as apathetic with little or no ambition. The greatest fear for them is to end up with children, a good education gone to waste (or low pay scale/standard of living) and having to rely on a Russian chav for support.

@DBZ
So you are implying instead of 'mail order brides' it is better to have them as 'mail order partners' to avoid being shocked at the end of the day? Though thanks for sharing this interesting fact.

@DBZ
I totally agree. I haven't met a poorly educated Russian Woman yet. When I was there I visited a school just outside of Moscow, and was struck with absolute disbelief that 4-5 year olds were speaking to me with fluent English.

Not only could they speak it absolutely perfectly, then could read it, and write it. I went into another classroom and they were having French lessons. The same was true again!

It puts a lot of us English (or natively speaking) people to shame. I know very few people that can converse in multiple languages, but to those who's English is a second language, they can speak in a handful!

It doesn't suprise me that they're ambitious, and object driven. The whole mail order thing is anoher point with this.. Its a good way of getting somewhere new in the world, and once they're settled they cut loose the ties. I can't say I blame them, they're not doing this for love, its more of an 'arrangement'.

@Archean
I was trying my best to be polite, and not come across as the wrong sort of person. LOL. ;)

Seriously, every woman I met was either drop dead gorgeous, or politely put, the other end of the polar spectrum! :D

@Leeky
I figured that out.

I know a little story about once such incidence, few years ago my company was working on a hydropower project, there was a Panel of Expert (POE) overseeing the various technical aspects, and two of the members were women, one was from Eastern Europe (and was from 1st category as you put it ;) ), the second was an American, and you'd need an area the size of a football field just to give her enough space to sit 'comfortably'. I must admit there were couple of male experts on the panel as well, who would need probably couple of football fields to fit in. :rolleyes:

Back